How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
fishin4guitars

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by fishin4guitars » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 pm

I googled 'linux games' or something like that. Saw the alpha vids, installed Lugaru on xubuntu (dang, that game is hard! :D ), and decided to preorder Overgrowth.

SilentFox

Post by SilentFox » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I was browsing YouTube and came across this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWHIkvfa90

I think NerdCubed did an excellent job of showcasing the game and showing how fun it was :D as soon as I watched it I wanted to get the game, and I did.

fugo

Post by fugo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

I have no idea originally.. i remember watching some of the alpha update videos a year or so ago, but was reminded and purchased after reading the rock paper shotgun article this week - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07 ... vergrowth/

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:25 am

i'm a big Fan of MUGEN and was experimenting with 3d models a few years ago, so i started looking for "3D FIGHTING ENGINES" and somewhere it came across LUGARU and then overgrowth.

saffers

Post by saffers » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 pm

I saw Nerd Cubed do a video of it on Youtube and I was thinking: This is really similar to Lugaru which I got and fell in love with in the humble bundle. Went online and found out this is the successor, I was really happy when I figured it out and immediately preordered

Jdizzle57

Post by Jdizzle57 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Actually I learned about Overgrowth through a Youtube Channel: OfficialNerdCubed. As he was playing the game I was amazed at how complex the game was (and how fun it looked). I instantly loved the combat. Its so much different then... lets say Assassins Creed. Where as AS has this quick and "slick" combat that is fairly easy to use, Overgrowth is challenging and more "heavy". Its just a lot of different ideas put into one game, ideas that for some reason haven't all been "shoved" into a AAA game. I also see the story being something very different compared to what other games are doing.

To be honest Overgrowth is the first major Indie computer game I've bought and so far I'm very happy with the buy. I'm really looking forward to what the story is going to be.

Goatsee

Post by Goatsee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I accidentally saw someone write that Notch (creator of Minecraft) should produce Overgrowth over a year ago. I checked it out and it was such an awesome game! i followed every weekly update and finally bought it today!

dm2oo56

Post by dm2oo56 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Reason why everyone is suddenly playing overgrowth
Basically my friend bought it and told all his friends about it
We watched some video's of it then
Then we all bought it and told all our friends who did the same as us and so on.
Signed dm
p.s. And its very well designed

Flynn

Post by Flynn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

I was on Tumblr and I saw that someone had posted a video and said "Overgrowth is really a great game" and I watched the video and was instantly hooked.

cobra2020

Post by cobra2020 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

I saw a small Youtuber's video (SqueegyMackoy). He was showing combat and I immediately was amazed by the animation, combat style (Mount and Blade-ish) and the ninja rabbit protagonist.

DrSulfurious

Post by DrSulfurious » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm not exactly sure how I found out about it, but it was definitely after I purchased the first Humble Bundle that contained Lugaru. After looking up videos of Lugaru, I encountered a video showing the alpha of Overgrowth, and was immediately astonished at the progress it was at for an alpha. I decided to subscribe to their (Wolfire) channel, and watch the development. Last week I had it, and finally decided to buy the game, which I did an hour ago.

niyogi

Post by niyogi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 am

How I came across the game is kind of a long process. But suffice it to say, I eventually came across the game in Youtube.

The long story:
I'm part of an online gaming community and I was browsing the new threads for games of interest and there was one for Castle Story. I then went to the Kickstarter for the game and watched some vids there. Saw the Overgrowth while clicking through the youtube links at the end of the vid. I gave it a brief look over, but then later went looking through google for the term 'builder game' and then did the same search through youtube also. I came up with Overgrowth several times during my search and finally just visited the Wolfire channel and watched all the vids over Overgrowth and decided I had to have it.

Freakrisingtied

Post by Freakrisingtied » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Im so happy i found this game and just because of NERD3. cant put the 3 above the D xD
hes a youtuber with great vids=)

admzpr

Post by admzpr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

i a saw a "Nerd3 Plays: Overgrowth" vid on youtube and preordered 20 minutes later XD

Amazinglagann

Post by Amazinglagann » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Saw a hilarious review by the OfficalNerdCubed on youtube. Started to watch the update vids. Had to get it then. Now I just need some user made levels.