Unofficial Overgrowth a188, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
pure_krogan89

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a188, weekly build

Post by pure_krogan89 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

Goatsee wrote:...Picture 1: Shows my distorted cursor, it looks like that in the editor too.

Picture 2 and 3: Shows the low quality logo and ingame models...
Go in to your config.txt and make sure that your texture reduce is set to 1. Right now it looks like its set to 5.

dyrvere

Post by dyrvere » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:54 am

feuri wrote:
Cheeseness wrote:
Javafant wrote:Still get a segmentation fault, when trying to load a level. I'm using archlinux 64bit.
It seems that I'm getting segfaults again when launching levels too.
Same for me, but sometimes I just get an error about multithreading and xcb.

Code: Select all

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeueing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
overgrowth.bin.x86_64: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Get exactly the same error, every time no matter what. Guess we'll have to downgrade or install a less up-to-date distribution for this to work, or wait and see if next version is upgraded. (I would prefer if developers used state of the art distros) :p
Also found this about the error: "I did a little bit of searching and found that i need to call XInitThreads(); in #include <X11/Xlib.h> to fix it." & "Now i need to add libx11-dev library for successful compilation."
Last edited by dyrvere on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

uberchad136

Post by uberchad136 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Im also having the problem where clicking after completing a level sends me to the menu or exits the game. other than that its running completley fine so far.

last

Post by last » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Goatsee wrote: Picture 1: Shows my distorted cursor, it looks like that in the editor too.

Picture 2 and 3: Shows the low quality logo and ingame models.

Picture 4: It's unreadable but basicly it shows that all the graphic options says "meep 2", but its changeable to other "meep". Not sure if that is supposed to be like that or just another bug.

Picture 5: Shows some kind of error in the graphic card, im pretty sure this is the cause of all my problems.

EDIT: I'm running the game on an acer aspire 7750G laptop with the graphic card AMD radeon HD 6650M 2GB with a Intel core i7-2670QM processor.
Problems 1 to 3 may be because you have texture reduce set to some large number.
You can check that easy when you install SUM launcher. By installing this program you now have easy access to the config.txt file.
The problem number 4 is because the ingame config don't work right now and that's why you see there meep's.

As for the problem number 5 you can somehow chose what graphics card this game runs with, since your laptop comes with 2 of them. You may wan't to change it to use your AMD radeon HD 6650M card for better results.
I am not sure but you may wan't to try to right click with your mouse on the Overgrowth.exe file and there might be the option to change the graphics card in there.

last

Post by last » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm

There i s a bug fix that i made for the problem when your clicking after completing a level sends you back to to the menu or exits the game.
You can download this fix from here

Goatsee

Post by Goatsee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 am

last wrote:
Problems 1 to 3 may be because you have texture reduce set to some large number.
You can check that easy when you install SUM launcher. By installing this program you now have easy access to the config.txt file.
The problem number 4 is because the ingame config don't work right now and that's why you see there meep's.

As for the problem number 5 you can somehow chose what graphics card this game runs with, since your laptop comes with 2 of them. You may wan't to change it to use your AMD radeon HD 6650M card for better results.
I am not sure but you may wan't to try to right click with your mouse on the Overgrowth.exe file and there might be the option to change the graphics card in there.
The texture reduce is now set to 1. No difference, so i think its the Intel card trying to run instead of my AMD card.

The second guy here, called Arie says something about that it should switch automatically. But i dont know.

paed808

Post by paed808 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 am

Javafant wrote:Still get a segmentation fault, when trying to load a level. I'm using archlinux 64bit.
I'm getting segfaults too in Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit.

last

Post by last » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Goatsee wrote: The second guy here, called Arie says something about that it should switch automatically. But i dont know.
The problem is that the automatic switch is done by drivers and since Overgrowth isn't listed in the list of programs that should use AMD card, that's why there isn't automatic switch until AMD guys add it to the list.
I am not sure about this video but you may find it useful.

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 pm

If the game contains obtainable armor,will it actually work? Because in lugaru it was just a retexture.It didn't change any armor/protection values.

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 am

Well, even if it is just a retexture, it would be easy enough to increase the character's damage resistance.

Domceck

Post by Domceck » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Since this build I get several restarts in the challenge levels and others. Sometimes, when I hit an enemy, the level restarts without further notice. Last time I played(5 min ago) I got 3 restarts after 5seconds playtime.
And when the level has no restarts, it abruptly exits and I am in the main menu again.
Build bug or my problem?

Combustible_Lemons

Post by Combustible_Lemons » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Getting a fatal error where it fails to load a bunny_wallrun sound. Happens on every level.

Xegrot

Post by Xegrot » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Nervesplitter wrote:You forgot to centre the cursor when you click the buttons at the end of a challenge level, now whenever I try to attack after clicking the button to start the game it can restart the level or quit to the menu/
I'm having this same problem. It's because the buttons on the Challenge Over screen still work after you've restarted or continued. This needs to get fixed.