[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
madness101604

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.3

Post by madness101604 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

If I authenticate it on one computer can I reauthenticate it on a different computer later?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

madness101604 wrote:If I authenticate it on one computer can I reauthenticate it on a different computer later?
There is no limit to how many computers you can use the sumlauncher on.

Nonsequitorian

Post by Nonsequitorian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Holy shoot this is a good Launcher. I've seen a lot of 3rd party launchers for games, but this is easily the most polished.

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Wow, really great interface, i love the ability to finally turn off the music, i love listening to fight music while im playing, and the options in game just didnt work for me, this is great and easy to use! thanks so much!

Hin3K

Post by Hin3K » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Guys!
I noticed recently that my Sum Launcher's menu layout changed.
Many of the options are doubled and don't work. I can not make game to work in full screen any more and switching other things on or off do not give any effect in game.
Is there any option to completely wipe SUM Launcher without downloading those extra 750MB?

There is a screenshot Image

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Hin3K wrote:Hi Guys!
I noticed recently that my Sum Launcher's menu layout changed.
Many of the options are doubled and don't work. I can not make game to work in full screen any more and switching other things on or off do not give any effect in game.
Is there any option to completely wipe SUM Launcher without downloading those extra 750MB?
[+] screenshot
There is a screenshot Image
There is a fix for you here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201&p=171614&hilit=menu#p171620

You will need to reset your config settings, but it should be pretty easy to solve the issue.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Sorry for the issue, it'll be fixed by the next build (soon!)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 am

QwertyTSecond wrote:I'm having some problems getting this running on Ubuntu 10.04. I download the zipped .jar file to desktop and extract it fine, run it with java and set it to install in my home directory, which is also where lugaru is located, so I assume it's the right place.
I'm asked to download overgrowth, which works fine, but when the .sh file is downloaded, I get this message, titled "command":

gnome-terminal -e sh '/home/chris/Wolfire/Overgrowth/overgrowth-a188-linux.sh' --keep

Pressing OK closes the window, and the installer "checks MD5". Once that's reached 100%, the whole thing closes, and nothing else happens.
Typing the above command into the terminal manually returns the message:

Failed to parse arguments: Unknown option --keep

I've done chmod +X, and I also find I can't run the file via terminal. What am I doing wrong?
Have you tried running the command manually without the --keep? I'm wondering if something changed with the .sh file this week.

Hin3K

Post by Hin3K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:45 am

Anton wrote:
There is a fix for you here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201&p=171614&hilit=menu#p171620

You will need to reset your config settings, but it should be pretty easy to solve the issue.
Thanks Anton.
Deleting config file did not help but wiping whole cache did. Everything worked fine yesterday. But this morning I started receiving "Could not load image file" error again :(
I have a fix for a186, which solved the issue with that version but of course it doesn't work with a188.

EDIT
I received error on Domceck - Domceck's Story - Ch 2
but not on NZ Jenkins - Inventory and Throwing and akazi - Lugaru Challenge Map 10

EDIT 2
Also a non SUM Launcher related issue.
When I have shaders switched ON everything works fine but after I switch them OFF (in SUM or previously editing config file) I get "No graphic card detected that supports shaders" error.
I know that my ATI Radeon HD 5450 isn't the fastest beast with shaders that's why on some maps with grass I would prefer to have them OFF.
I assume that shaders are responsible for generating grass.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:16 am

Hin3K wrote:Thanks Anton.
Deleting config file did not help but wiping whole cache did. Everything worked fine yesterday. But this morning I started receiving "Could not load image file" error again :(
I have a fix for a186, which solved the issue with that version but of course it doesn't work with a188.

EDIT
I received error on Domceck - Domceck's Story - Ch 2
but not on NZ Jenkins - Inventory and Throwing and akazi - Lugaru Challenge Map 10

EDIT 2
Also a non SUM Launcher related issue.
When I have shaders switched ON everything works fine but after I switch them OFF (in SUM or previously editing config file) I get "No graphic card detected that supports shaders" error.
I know that my ATI Radeon HD 5450 isn't the fastest beast with shaders that's why on some maps with grass I would prefer to have them OFF.
I assume that shaders are responsible for generating grass.
There are some other files that some people seem to be missing, and I have linked to them in other places. If you can let me know specifically which files you are missing, I can help you out. That fix for 186 would actually break 188, so I hope you didn't use it.

I don't believe the grass is a shader in Overgrowth, but is actually a detail map, where it is creating objects close to the camera in real time. You can turn it off per map in the xml file. (I don't have a map in front of me at the moment to check where, but it would just be a matter of commenting out those lines of code, which is like 3 lines near the start of the xml.)

QwertyTSecond

Post by QwertyTSecond » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 am

Aaron wrote:Have you tried running the command manually without the --keep? I'm wondering if something changed with the .sh file this week.
I think I did. In the end, I downloaded the .sh file via sumlauncher, then ran
sudo bash /home/chris/Wolfire/Overgrowth/overgrowth-a188-linux.sh

It installed fine, and almost completely works. I find that once I achieve the level objective it crashes to desktop. The game then crashes right before a level can be loaded. This seems to be linked to the creation of savefile.sav (under /chris/.local/share/Overgrowth). Deleting this file allows me to play normally again, until I complete the level. I've tried creating a dummy .sav file, denying and enabling write permissions, but this crash keeps happening.

Semel

Post by Semel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 am

QwertyTSecond wrote:
Aaron wrote:Have you tried running the command manually without the --keep? I'm wondering if something changed with the .sh file this week.
I think I did. In the end, I downloaded the .sh file via sumlauncher, then ran
sudo bash /home/chris/Wolfire/Overgrowth/overgrowth-a188-linux.sh

It installed fine, and almost completely works. I find that once I achieve the level objective it crashes to desktop. The game then crashes right before a level can be loaded. This seems to be linked to the creation of savefile.sav (under /chris/.local/share/Overgrowth). Deleting this file allows me to play normally again, until I complete the level. I've tried creating a dummy .sav file, denying and enabling write permissions, but this crash keeps happening.
I get the same crash when the level end screen should pop up, if I try to start the game it fails at the point when it should say 'starting game'. Using SUMLauncher to delete the Overgrowth Cache files allows me to play another level but it will crash again at the Level end screen!

Is this the same fault as is experienced by the Ubuntu 12.04 users in the alpha a187 & a188 threads?

Hin3K

Post by Hin3K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

Anton wrote: There are some other files that some people seem to be missing, and I have linked to them in other places. If you can let me know specifically which files you are missing, I can help you out. That fix for 186 would actually break 188, so I hope you didn't use it.

I don't believe the grass is a shader in Overgrowth, but is actually a detail map, where it is creating objects close to the camera in real time. You can turn it off per map in the xml file. (I don't have a map in front of me at the moment to check where, but it would just be a matter of commenting out those lines of code, which is like 3 lines near the start of the xml.)
Thanks Anton for quick reply.
I actually used this a186 fix but before that I made a backup of my a188 exe file. It seems that it didn't do anything bad to other files.
The image missing is thick_bush_c_alpha.tga in Data/Textures/Plants/temperate/ (but I think that you already know that :) The file in folder is again tga_converted.dds.

I thought that there may be some global setting to switch grass ON and OFF. I hope there is a easy way to add such an option. It could help people with non high end machines. I have stable 60 fps but when approach the grass area it drops to 15fps. I think that any foliage causes slowdown. An option to switch those type of graphics OFF would be great :)

Thanks again for help.

BillyTunin

Post by BillyTunin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm

I don't know if this problem keeps happening for other users, but the thing is it happend to my old computer (that I changed 3 days ago) and now it happened with my actual computer. Thing is, I don't even have an antivirus installed and I turn off my firewall and the only thing I did was to download the SUMLauncher for windows, execute it and at about %49 it pops up the famous error: "Verify that you are connected to internet and that your firewall / antivirus..." etc. Thing is, I thought maybe it was a problem with my old computer, but same happens with this computer and even more, exactly the same sympthoms (as, when I tried this on the other computer it also stopped at exactly %49 to pop up the same thing). Clicking yes over and over won't do anything and I just can't download this awesome launcher D: . I wouldn't like to download the a188-win.exe thing, I'd really like to use this sumlauncher, anyone can help me out? I'm running on Windows 7 64 bits . Btw, I also thought that this might be happening cause of closed ports, maybe? Do I have to open or forward any ports? Which ones?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

No ports should have to be opened, everything is done over http. We added a new feature this week that allows for automatic connection retires, try opening the Preferences window and setting the number of retries to a higher value.