No PS3 controller support?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
UberFizz

No PS3 controller support?

Post by UberFizz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I've noticed that Xbox controllers are supported for splitscreen, but PS3 controllers are not...

Is there a way to play splitscreen with a dualshock 3?
Will support be ever added?

thanks for reading, I hope someone has a solution :-)

cobra2020

Re: No PS3 controller support?

Post by cobra2020 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:06 pm

I have no direct experience with getting a controller to work, but since I think the game just looks for a generic gamepad, a PS3 one should work. Is your computer recognizing it? Here are some drivers, just be careful. http://www.motioninjoy.com
Basically, Micro$oft makes it easy for their controllers to work with windows. The competitors? not so much.

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 pm

I have successfully used a PS3 controller, although the right stick doesn't work, making split-screen a pain.

UberFizz

Post by UberFizz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 pm

cobra2020 wrote:I have no direct experience with getting a controller to work, but since I think the game just looks for a generic gamepad, a PS3 one should work. Is your computer recognizing it? Here are some drivers, just be careful. http://www.motioninjoy.com
Basically, Micro$oft makes it easy for their controllers to work with windows. The competitors? not so much.
The PS3 controller works just fine, but when it comes to splitscreen, it isn't recognised as a second controller. In the config file it clearly has an Xbox controller in mind for splitscreen...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 am

UberFizz wrote:
cobra2020 wrote:I have no direct experience with getting a controller to work, but since I think the game just looks for a generic gamepad, a PS3 one should work. Is your computer recognizing it? Here are some drivers, just be careful. http://www.motioninjoy.com
The PS3 controller works just fine, but when it comes to splitscreen, it isn't recognised as a second controller. In the config file it clearly has an Xbox controller in mind for splitscreen...
Ah, your issue is that you have another controller of some kind hooked up. Overgrowth only assigns the first controller it detects as the 2nd players controller. Try to unplug any other accessories that the computer might believe is a controller (Joystick, steering wheel, etc) and try again.

Xeonyx

Post by Xeonyx » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 am

Simply dowload motioninjoy, as advised above, and when you choose which driver to use, check the "emulate Xbox360 controller". Then click the "enable" button at the bottom, and everything should work perfectly.