Unofficial Overgrowth a194 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Xaapyks

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a194 build

Post by Xaapyks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm

same here Arch 64 bits with catalyst
write(2, "[xcb] Unknown request in queue w"..., 47[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
) = 47
write(2, "[xcb] Most likely this is a mult"..., 87[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
) = 87
write(2, "[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that"..., 34[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
) = 34
write(2, "overgrowth.bin.x86_64: xcb_io.c\302"..., 129overgrowth.bin.x86_64: xcb_io.c :178 : dequeue_pending_request: L'assertion « !xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq » a échoué.
) = 129
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7fea59889000
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ABRT], NULL, 8) = 0
tgkill(7936, 7936, SIGABRT) = 0
--- SIGABRT {si_signo=SIGABRT, si_code=SI_TKILL, si_pid=7936, si_uid=1000} ---
+++ killed by SIGABRT (core dumped) +++
Abandon (core dumped)

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry about the Linux build this time, it looks like the executable was not correctly updated along with the data. It should be fixed for the next alpha!

AlbinoNinja

Post by AlbinoNinja » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm guessing this question has already been answered, but are you guys done with the weekly alphas? They seem to be coming monthly now. Have you guys reduced the speed in which you are releasing them so that you have something large for a200, or has it just been slowed down because of the different projects like Desperate Gods and Receiver?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

AlbinoNinja wrote:I'm guessing this question has already been answered, but are you guys done with the weekly alphas? They seem to be coming monthly now. Have you guys reduced the speed in which you are releasing them so that you have something large for a200, or has it just been slowed down because of the different projects like Desperate Gods and Receiver?
Partly your last point and partly because the pressure to introduce something new and exiting every week actually interfered with their workflow. There are many different things that play a role in game developing and not all of them lead to changes that are easily visible for people playing the game. They are at least as important as that shiny new weapon, though. And they often take more than a week to develop.
Their decision essentially will make it easier for them to work effectively on the product without having to redirect resources to development steps with lower priorities. But when they make sufficient progress they will share the news with us and update the Alpha once there is enough to be presented to the public.

Short version: no regularly scheduled updates, but instead more effective development.

bucfan41

Post by bucfan41 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey amazing job on the game so far i have been following it for some time! However i can not play it because it says that my graphics card wont run it because of varying floats or something. Im sorry but i was just wondering when you plan to fix this? Thanks guys sorry again.

(once again i would love some kind of response even if it is just that my computer cannot run this game)
Last edited by bucfan41 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbf2992

Post by tbf2992 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Hey i was thinking of a combat move that would be pretty cool in the game. If somehow you could grab your opponent and maybe slam his head in a nearby wall or object. Maybe throwing your opponent into wall would cause more immediate damage. Would it be possible to implement that kind of move into the game.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:16 am

tbf2992 wrote:Hey i was thinking of a combat move that would be pretty cool in the game. If somehow you could grab your opponent and maybe slam his head in a nearby wall or object. Maybe throwing your opponent into wall would cause more immediate damage. Would it be possible to implement that kind of move into the game.
It would be possible to implement that. Currently, whenever you hold the block key down after successful block, you start a judo throw. It grabs the opponent and tries to throw/slam him to the ground. Mechanics-wise, this would just be a different animation using the same mechanics.

Lugaru had different counter moves to different attacks, so we might eventually see different throws / counter moves to different attacks in Overgrowth as well.

eviljoker123

Post by eviljoker123 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 am

akazi wrote:
The Galactic Man wrote:I can't seem to be able to launch the campaigns in the new alpha. Can anyone help?
Got the same problem.
Yeah I got the same problem too. I think it is because they put in the campaign types but didn't make them yet.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm

eviljoker123 wrote:
akazi wrote:
The Galactic Man wrote:I can't seem to be able to launch the campaigns in the new alpha. Can anyone help?
Got the same problem.
Yeah I got the same problem too. I think it is because they put in the campaign types but didn't make them yet.
The campaign menu is just a placeholder.

Advance123

Post by Advance123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Is there any reason why slow-motion doesn't work in this particular build for me? I have no mods installed, though did have, and I've tried it with 3 different keyboards. All it does it stop the game, as though I had pressed tab twice. Thanks.

last

Post by last » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Pressing tab twice makes the game freeze (you can still move camera around but all the characters and weapons are frozen in time)
The old slow motion should work with pressing tab once, although i have seen this tab key bug before in the forum, so you may be not the only one who has some problems with it.

lesley64

Post by lesley64 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

last wrote:Pressing tab twice makes the game freeze (you can still move camera around but all the characters and weapons are frozen in time)
The old slow motion should work with pressing tab once, although i have seen this tab key bug before in the forum, so you may be not the only one who has some problems with it.
This isn't a bug :) It's something implemented in a past alpha to stop time,so you can take some photos or do whatever you want with everything frozen.

last

Post by last » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 pm

lesley64 wrote:This isn't a bug :) It's something implemented in a past alpha to stop time,so you can take some photos or do whatever you want with everything frozen.
I was answering to Advance123

edenkiller

Post by edenkiller » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 am

I have update 194 but i dont have any maps like scrubby hills or any sheaths,throwing knifes,attachable items in the editor. can somone help! :|

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 am

edenkiller wrote:I have update 194 but i dont have any maps like scrubby hills or any sheaths,throwing knifes,attachable items in the editor. can somone help! :|
This stuff is added by the Main Menu Mod, which is included in SUMLauncher.