Unofficial Overgrowth a197 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
adwuga

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a197 build

Post by adwuga » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:05 am

Anton wrote:
ShnitzelKiller wrote:I've played hours of arena already, and I can decisively say that I've improved significantly. But then, I didn't even know how to dodge attacks by tapping directions until I got the chance to evolve by trial and error with this amazing mode. Now I must strive to best all opponents. So... how the hell are they blocking my counters? I vaguely remember something like a counter-counter from Lugaru, but I can't replicate it.
A timed right click is how you block, and how you reverse a throw.
What's pissing me of is that I am blocking after the slow attacks(spin moves) start, but too early, so I mess up(or maybe it's because the game is lagging, since I'm doing CPU intensive special effects rendering in the background). I've been training blocking by only blocking and then throwing enemies to kill them. I got to 2.7, but then the game crashed, apparently blocking in two directions at once breaks things.
Another thing that is pissing me off is how powerful punches are. I have been 1 hit KO'ed by a super fast punch by several enemies who were only in the 1's range. But yeah, arena is super useful for training.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:15 am

Before I played arena mode, I was a button-masher.

Now, I actually know how to play the game.

tuck

Post by tuck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Crashes on launch on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.8 ) with this error message:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap

Any ideas?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm

tuck wrote:Crashes on launch on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.8 ) with this error message:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap

Any ideas?
Upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6) or higher and it should work. I think this has something to do with the older OpenGL drivers in 10.5 which are not currently supported in Overgrowth.

00tau

Post by 00tau » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi everybody,

Ups, I just realised, I probably shouldn't have opened a new topic but post the following message here. Sorry for any inconveniences.

I just bought Overgrowth today, after having watched way too many videos of the game. Unfortunately, I have some trouble installing the program. I am running Gentoo Linux on my System, and, thus, I downloaded the

Code: Select all

overgrowth-a197-linux.sh
file from Humble Bundle. Not being able to find any installation instructions, I did a "less overgrowth-a197-linux.sh" finding out its some sort of Nixstaller file. So, I went forward and did a

$ su overgrowth-a197-linux.sh
I did not get any errors and ended up with 3 executables:

~/Spiele/Overgrowth/OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64
~/Spiele/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.bin.x86_64
~/bin/uninstall-Overgrowth
I tried to run the former two but unfortunately get the following errors:

$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86_64 
./Overgrowth.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ ./OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64
./OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any idea? Thanks for your help!

dyrvere

Post by dyrvere » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

00tau wrote:Hi everybody,

$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86_64 
./Overgrowth.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ ./OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64
./OvergrowthWorker.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any idea? Thanks for your help!
Install freeimage for your distro and it should start unless you are missing more packages, the hint is in the error.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:54 pm

It seems as though no matter what I do the game will always crash when trying to place items on the characters then trying to save. which sucks because it's preventing me from finishing my level. :(

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Yes, the game crashes when you move an object over a character. But why would you want to do that anyway?

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Surak wrote:Yes, the game crashes when you move an object over a character. But why would you want to do that anyway?
I'm talking about the wooden armor pieces, you're able to place them on the characters arms, shoulders, and legs. if you ALT-drag and place them then save, the game will crash.

IndiasMafia

Post by IndiasMafia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 am

A bug I noticed with this arena map is if you run off the stage and the NPC follow. When you climb back up they cant follow you

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 pm

IndiasMafia wrote:A bug I noticed with this arena map is if you run off the stage and the NPC follow. When you climb back up they cant follow you
This happens when you don't have the nav mesh calculated, the npcs don't know where objects are, and so they can't climb said objects. In the editor, go to the pathfinding tab, click create navmesh (this will take a while) then when it's done, click save navmesh. I think you then need to save the level, cmd/ctrl-s. They'll be able to follow you much easier.

last

Post by last » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm

There is a bug that actually is a real one in the arena map.
When you have a weapon and you kill someone then blood stains will stay on an object, when the next round starts.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 pm

last wrote:There is a bug that actually is a real one in the arena map.
When you have a weapon and you kill someone then blood stains will stay on an object, when the next round starts.
Can't really see how this is a bug, only a small oversight.

Kung_Fu_Sheep

Post by Kung_Fu_Sheep » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Holy crap, I haven't updated since a193 (I know...) and the many improvements are immediately noticable. The free-running feels smoother, combat is more fluid and works better. I can actually block and do reversals when I want, not just when I get lucky! It looks amazing and levels I couldn't even play before run perfectly now.

The Gladiator mode is really cool but, maybe it's just me, the opponents' difficulty levels seem "incorrect"... I can fight my up to level 3.25 with two enemies and die, die again and again until level 1 and maybe even die a couple more times. It might just be a loss of concentration on my part but it feels like it takes several rounds before the difficulty actually changes. Does this make sense? Anyway, keep up the good work, guys!

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm having a problem with undoing things in the editor, it takes a long time and the game hangs up then when it starts going again i see that the game has somehow deleted other seemingly random objects in the map. I think that Undoing things somehow deletes certain items that you have grouped, or at least that's the problem I'm having in one of my maps.