Damage and Bandages Idea.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
BluePen

Damage and Bandages Idea.

Post by BluePen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey, I just had this Idea, that when you get sliced by a knife or a sword, you can die, about 1-2 seconds after you get hit, so I was wondering if there would ever be bandages, or things that can heal you in the game? I know this might be out of place (Because Overgrowth is a fast paced game) but I think it would be cool.

DI0BL0

Re: Damage and Bandages Idea.

Post by DI0BL0 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 pm

So you have one sec to put on a bandage while in combat... I don't see it.

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

Mhhh...

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 am

would rather have it so after getting hit you will start bleeding and loosing hp over time, not much, and by bandaging you stop the bleeding and heal yourself a bit. this would have a 2-7 sec channeling time depending on how many/large wounds you have. bandages can not heal you if you are not bleeding.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Bandages or other things like that sound like a really cool idea. It wouldn't make sense to be able to apply bandages during combat, though. Judging by what I've seen in the game so far, though, there definitely look to be levels where you fight multiple enemies with time in between, so it could still be useful.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:42 am

I believe the devs did note at some point that they'd be researching some ways of incorporating some means of healing, whilst also insinuating that it would keep to realism at least as much as taking some time in a quiet moment to apply bandages to stop the bleeding from cuts.
Not dissimilar to what Parco Folgore here is imagining.

And before you become all excited, no there isn't any type of confirmation or certainty that any such like will be happening; it's still all dependant on the dev's verdict, o'course.