Unofficial Overgrowth a198 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Raphnika

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a198 build

Post by Raphnika » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:57 pm

akazi wrote: I forgot to ask, what sky texture are you missing?
If I open up the level it gives me a few Errors and the skytexture is just light blue. Oh theres also the sun. Here a screenshot: http://fileplace.co.de/Fabian/Unbenannt.png

RagdollZombie

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a198 build -- still uploading

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Jaz wrote:
Timbles wrote:I noticed that when David was stealth killing enemies in Patchy Highlands, he hid the bodies.
Foreshadowing?
Not foreshadowing. AI already notice corpses and check for the culprit. At least as far as I recall :/
Well, not exactly. I've dropped a body of an enemy right in front of the patrol path of his buddy, he just walked right past him... Sometimes if they do ever notice the body they just run to it and stand in that spot, without actually walking around to look for you. I think there should be a feature where the navmesh can update automatically too (if its possible), so that navmesh features where NPCs can start searching for you (like if they briefly spotted you and you hide somewhere) can be implemented. I'm very sure David will add these features in later alphas though. Also, He will probably be working more on the weapon system once more of the Arena features are completed.

Would be awesome for level makers if you can decide whether a specific NPC memorizes the area that he's in or not (so that some NPCs don't seem to know where they're going if they are in a mysterious forest or some kind of maze) :D It could make some cool maze-like maps where even the enemies don't know where they are! I'm not saying for Every single map, but if you had a change to make some of the enemies clueless of their environment and kind of change their personality a bit so that they don't all seem like robots that know their way around a maze they have never been in...Then enemies will be more cautious and for example, if they were in a maze, if they hear you from the other side of a maze wall, they will not know the exact path to where that sound wave came from, so they will be cautiously searching around until they find where they heard the sound come from. And if they hear a sudden sound, they will not immediately know where it is, but then when they hear repeating sounds from the same area the will realize the direction that its coming from.

(this is more of a featured to be put in the polished game, but its just a cool idea in my opinion xD)

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I programmed a real-life robot to do that once -- it slowly constructed a map using its range sensors, and used A* to find the nearest unexplored spaces. It was pretty fun watching it map out the CS building back in school.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

David wrote:I programmed a real-life robot to do that once -- it slowly constructed a map using its range sensors, and used A* to find the nearest unexplored spaces. It was pretty fun watching it map out the CS building back in school.
Oh my god. That Is Amazing @_@ You programed a REAL LIFE ROBOT?! hehe that's so cool!

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:24 pm

David wrote:I programmed a real-life robot to do that once -- it slowly constructed a map using its range sensors, and used A* to find the nearest unexplored spaces. It was pretty fun watching it map out the CS building back in school.
Wow, that's pretty impressive! :shock:

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Raphnika wrote:
If I open up the level it gives me a few Errors and the skytexture is just light blue. Oh theres also the sun. Here a screenshot: http://fileplace.co.de/Fabian/Unbenannt.png
I think I know what sky texture you are missing, I sent you PM with the download link of the sky texture.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Are you planning to add Steam/otherwise achievements in the final game by the way, David? I think this arena would be a perfect opportunity for some cool and simply hilarious achievements. :P

Also, I think this explains itself:
Running way entertains the audience that much? Perhaps rabbits have a strange culture?

On a more hilarious/insane note:
This is one rich arena...

... but I guess ticket prices were a bit too high.
Angry mob?

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Jaz wrote:Are you planning to add Steam/otherwise achievements in the final game by the way, David? I think this arena would be a perfect opportunity for some cool and simply hilarious achievements. :P
http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/08/what-ki ... -the-best/

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 pm

I've seen some weird shit while playing this game, but this has to be one of the weirdest imo: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/10822 ... 153C54155/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/108 ... 2222898DF/

Combustible_Lemons

Post by Combustible_Lemons » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 pm

akazi wrote:
Raphnika wrote:
I think I know what sky texture you are missing, I sent you PM with the download link of the sky texture.
Could you send this to me too? Or just post the link in the forum? I think a few of us may be having this problem. Cheers

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Combustible_Lemons wrote:

Could you send this to me too? Or just post the link in the forum? I think a few of us may be having this problem. Cheers
http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... sk.tga.zip

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Jaz wrote: Image
Angry mob?
I dunno if you can call two billion a "mob."

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

more like an full scale army of angry spectators

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Man, gotta love how now you've got to give some show instead of just winning. Forces you to do interesting encounters. Awesome work from David.
This guy never ceases to amaze me.

I've got a little... Bug?
Sometimes you might go ragdoll, but do not get up. Enemies hit an invisible instance of the character above the ragdolled player. You can only get up if you hit the "ragdoll test" buttons like Z or else.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Retarded Username wrote: Sometimes you might go ragdoll, but do not get up. Enemies hit an invisible instance of the character above the ragdolled player. You can only get up if you hit the "ragdoll test" buttons like Z or else.
That bug has been occurring in previous alphas too.