flintlock pistols

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
EPR89

Re: flintlock pistols

Post by EPR89 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Timbles wrote:Well at least make the crossbow completely unable to be used while moving (or at least make it miss when moving)
Or you could make it behave like a crossbow would behave when you are moving, the aim goes all over the place. Just like it's done in FPS-games when you are aiming down the sights and try to run.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 am

EPR89 wrote:Or you could make it behave like a crossbow would behave when you are moving, the aim goes all over the place. Just like it's done in FPS-games when you are aiming down the sights and try to run.
You mean that bolt drops off or slider down and doesn't shoot properly?

I don't know what a "primitive crossbows with short range" would be like. I can't think of anything fitting that description.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:37 am

Endoperez wrote:
EPR89 wrote:Or you could make it behave like a crossbow would behave when you are moving, the aim goes all over the place. Just like it's done in FPS-games when you are aiming down the sights and try to run.
You mean that bolt drops off or slider down and doesn't shoot properly?
I don't think that this could be implemented easily. I mean, if it was a true physical calculation and not random chance it could be interesting. But I don't like luck based things in games.
What I meant was just that it is not possible to aim precisely while moving because your head, body and arms are not one unit. When you move you will shake and this will cause you to not aim precisely with every step. Just how it's done in pretty much every First person shooter with ironsights.

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 am

Seems like an okay idea, maybe if it was a mod it wouldn't harm the game itself. But I doubt any kind of firearm will make it into the games; bows, perhaps. But this game is mainly melee orientated and focuses on hand to hand and various melee weapons, mainly.