I've made an arena fights montage

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
ANtY

I've made an arena fights montage

Post by ANtY » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:15 pm

I have to admit that I have no experience in doing such videos so pls don't be too critical :D

Last edited by ANtY on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

EPR89

Re: I've made an arena fights montage

Post by EPR89 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Just so you know, you can embed the video in your post by using the [YouTube][/YouTube] code.

Not all that bad for a first, but there are a few points that I think I should mention:
Too much editing for my taste, especially the rapids cuts and the zoom in to a point where it puts the action off-focus. The music is a matter of personal taste, though, so I won't comment on that.
Generally it helps a video if there is some kind of dramaturgy to it, even if it is just a collection of clips. If they go together with the music and build up to a climax then this will help to create something that is simply fun to watch.
Those viral Parkour and Frerunning videos do a great job at that most of the time. They establish a setting and kind of allow you to get into the groove of the video before the music picks up and the gnarly stuff sets in. And in the end they tone it down again, which gives them a really enjoyable structure.

ANtY

Post by ANtY » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Oh, thanks, really helpful feedback, I'll try to have in mind your tips when I'll be doing something like this once again. I guess I went too crazy with all those edits ^^

And thanks for the pointer, I'll embed it right away!

PlasmaDuck

Post by PlasmaDuck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Quite a good video, one thing i didn't like was that lots of the clips was just you jumpkicking them once. Try to go for more varied combat with blocks, dodges and throws, it makes it more interesting to watch.

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 am

I love the arena mode, but it never ceases to piss me off aha.