BOWS AND ARROWS!!!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!

Do you think Overgrowth will be better with Bows and arrows?

Yes, no doubt about it!
41%
Totally not!
14%
Not sure, depends how it's pulled off.
45%

Total votes: 139

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: BOWS AND ARROWS!!!

Post by Constance » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm

DI0BL0 wrote:They have shields already in the game. They are a bit different but they are still in. Further more, shields make perfect sense because they are strapped to your forearm.
The "shields" are probably the attachable pieces of wood thingies. They do not function yet and are purely visual, but it would be cool if they could block one hit from a weapon, and then break.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:46 am

Timbles wrote:The "shields" are probably the attachable pieces of wood thingies. They do not function yet and are purely visual, but it would be cool if they could block one hit from a weapon, and then break.
I would've thought the buckler-shield built to block sword strikes would let you block sword strikes unarmed for quite a while. If a strike breaks wood, wouldn't it break bones too?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Timbles wrote:The "shields" are probably the attachable pieces of wood thingies. They do not function yet and are purely visual, but it would be cool if they could block one hit from a weapon, and then break.
I would've thought the buckler-shield built to block sword strikes would let you block sword strikes unarmed for quite a while. If a strike breaks wood, wouldn't it break bones too?
Well, the wood plates would have to block unarmed in that case.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Timbles wrote:Well, the wood plates would have to block unarmed in that case.
Are you saying that the wood plate would also block fists? I guess they would, but I don't see why you would want to point that out. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:41 pm

i would like bows and arrows if you had to aim yourself and have very limited with ammo, and i like the idea for shields, i think it will make weapon fighting a little more interesting, and i also hope they make the dualwielding usable soon (can attack with both weapons without having to press b)

DarkDark

Post by DarkDark » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Awesome Idea!
It would add some cool effect to the gameplay! :D

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 am

This game is melee orientated, so there is little chance of bows being implemented. One can dream, though. Bows would certainly fit the games atmosphere, especially with the stealthy missions.

bloodycoathanger

Post by bloodycoathanger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:36 am

being in the main campaign is one thing, and being part of an optional mode or mod is another

i dont think it would fit well with the game itself, but maybe in a optional mode or mod.