Substitute for Dismemberment

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
cr33per1

Substitute for Dismemberment

Post by cr33per1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Dismemberment can be a complicated feature to add since it requires multiple divisions in the character's mesh. A way around this could be to add a slit in the character in the direction that the blade cut rather than just having red lines. Please tell me how this can be possible.

Endoperez

Re: Substitute for Dismemberment

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:17 am

By "adding a slit", do you mean changing the actual model so that the character seems to have been cut open? That's about as complicated as dismemberment.

The red line could be made a bit better, including adding some illusion of depth, but actually changing the model is pretty complicated.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't give a damn about dismemberment, but hurting different body parts would be great. I shouldn't die (or be knocked unconscious) by a kick to the shin. Movement could be impaired when you get hurt on the legs, weapon handling and hit strength when you get wounded on your arms. Stuff like that.

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 am

also, no-one has really speculated about blunt damage yet, it will be in the game (hammer) but what do then? should you be able to crush someone's head and have bone fragments fly? or break someone's arm and have a flattened, bleeding spot?