How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Devastator

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Devastator » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 am

I was watching Indie Game: The Movie & at the end I saw a preview of the game and oh boy how cool it looked!! I was pleased to find out it was mac compatible because I had been looking into gaming on a mac (Big Mistake) but nonetheless i'm glad I found this game

bhuddanator

Post by bhuddanator » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 am

I found Overgrowth from a video by nerd^3 and I'm sure a lot of other people did as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWHIkvfa90

Eladd

Post by Eladd » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:02 am

My son has been watching youtube videos and constantly asking if we can preorder the game. Early versions of the game didn't seem very appealing to me but today after being shown new videos and your website and continual badgering...we preordered the game...my Son of course is highly excited!

Currently we haven't even played it yet as we are 20% through the download. As we purchase a lot of humble bundle games and other indie games...why not another one :wink:

Just had a quick go of Receiver, it quite interesting!

Nicolai2001

Post by Nicolai2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:36 pm

I found it on youtube. Simple xD

Daisuke89

Just browsing

Post by Daisuke89 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I usually browse 4chan, reddit, etc. Someone posted a screenshot or gif of Overgrowth in an early production stage. The gif was mostly just to bunnies running at each other, from a side view perspective, one jumps and kicks the other, and jumps off the kicked bunny. Got me interested on finding out what game it was, and here I am.

It is a great concept and I am glad it's in alpha to be tested. I can not wait for initial release, will take a while, but will be worth it from my point of view :D!

Chartre

Post by Chartre » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 am

Nerd^3

Hera

Post by Hera » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:19 pm

YouTube

hknguyen13

Post by hknguyen13 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 pm

I found out about Overgrowth through watching the ending credits of Indie Game: The Movie and the game looked very smooth and unique in that small span of time. So after going to YouTube and viewing all of the interesting/hilarious videos of it I stumbled upon your weekly Alpha videos.

After seeing how much you managed to update and improve in between each video post I was impressed. The update system reminded me of Minecraft which is a big part in why I absolutely love that game and this one!

Also the slick fighting system of this game is imo the best and biggest attraction!

Keep up the amazing work!

flyingrock

Post by flyingrock » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Found out about it from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

I must say, I like the foundation you're laying for this game, lots of fun already.

Royco

Post by Royco » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 am

Indie Game: The Movie, which I recieved from another Humble Bundle featuring a lot of Jim Guthrie's work. Though I only saw a couple seconds or so of the gameplay, its aesthetics and badass rabbits were very compelling. Fez, also from the movie, is also on my to-play list, but Overgrowth will probably eclipse Fez.

cchausman

Post by cchausman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am

I remember some time in the last 8 years I watched a video of Lugaru (which when I first watched was kind of scarring, which amuses me now). I found the Facebook page in my likes section that leads to the Wikipedia article about it, then I followed that to the Lugaru HD page on wolffire.com. I read that the game became a predecessor, and now I'm downloading it, despite never playing the first one.

Lordtrolldemort

Post by Lordtrolldemort » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:55 am

I found out about it through OfficialNerdCubed's channel when he played it in a video.

Zebadon

Post by Zebadon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:48 pm

I discovered Overgrowth from iDubbz on YouTube, thought it looked great, and immediately preordered :D

Drunken Economist

Post by Drunken Economist » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:04 pm

There was a reddit post on /r/games and I absolutely loved the detail in the combat mechanics and I bought it right away.

Enokii

Post by Enokii » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:05 am

I was at summer camp and my counselor said that you are his favorite gaming studio. I looked you guys up and I found Overgrowth.