[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
the_dragon132

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by the_dragon132 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 am

When I try to open the mac version it tells me that "“SUMLauncher” is damaged and can’t be opened."

the_dragon132

Post by the_dragon132 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:57 am

NVM, I read the trouble shooting guide and found it

Zaragon

Post by Zaragon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello, I could use some help. When I open the Java app, it requests my pre order key. I give it my key from steam (where I bought the game), but then the application tells me "error connecting to the authentication server", "unable to reach the authentication page". Please help. Thanks.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Zaragon wrote:Hello, I could use some help. When I open the Java app, it requests my pre order key. I give it my key from steam (where I bought the game), but then the application tells me "error connecting to the authentication server", "unable to reach the authentication page". Please help. Thanks.
You need to use your SPF key.

This is seriously annoying, people. This exact same issue has been mentioned three times on this page alone. There are stickied topics here and on the Steam forums. The first post of this thread has a very thorough walkthrough of how to get it to work and yet you still manage to make this mistake. I'm pretty sure that since the Steam launch this thread has grown multiple pages from people reporting this error, most of them when it had already been mentioned on the same page.
I mean, no offense, but learn to read, goddammit!
Last edited by EPR89 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thf_Killer

Post by Thf_Killer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:41 pm

I fucked up or something... it asks me to insert the key, i do so and it gives me an error whilst connecting to the server, what should i do?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Thf_Killer wrote:I fucked up or something... it asks me to insert the key, i do so and it gives me an error whilst connecting to the server, what should i do?
HOLY SHIT!
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Read the post right above yours. Use your SPF key, not the Steam CD key.

FGiBiT

Post by FGiBiT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 am

EPR89 wrote:
Zaragon wrote:Hello, I could use some help. When I open the Java app, it requests my pre order key. I give it my key from steam (where I bought the game), but then the application tells me "error connecting to the authentication server", "unable to reach the authentication page". Please help. Thanks.
You need to use you SPF key.

This is seriously annoying, people. This exact same issue has been mentioned three times on this page alone. There are stickied topics here and on the Steam forums. The first post of this thread has a very thorough walkthrough of how to get it to work and yet you still manage to make this mistake. I'm pretty sure that since the Steam launch this thread has grown multiple pages from people reporting this error, most of them when it had already been mentioned on the same page.
I mean, no offense, but learn to read, goddammit!
Thf_Killer wrote:I fucked up or something... it asks me to insert the key, i do so and it gives me an error whilst connecting to the server, what should i do?
Ok so this is pretty frightening to post because of the hostile responses that apparently are given to people in need of help on this forum. But i have indeed inserted the SPF key (NOT THE STEAM CD KEY) and I still get this error! So if I could get some help or feedback that'd be much appreciated! Thanks!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:20 pm

The only reason why I got hostile towards those guys was because they asked the exact same question that was just asked two posts above them. They don't care to read this thread and check if their issue has already been mentioned. They also don't read the instructions that have conveniently been added to the first post so that no one can really miss them. So they potentially drown out other people's posts, who bring up different problems, like yours. Have a look through the last few pages and count how often this question has come up. It is really frustrating.

Have you tried to use some of the suggestions from the troubleshooting section of the first post? Maybe your firewall is blocking functions of the SUMLauncher. The thing is, in the recent past the error message you are seeing has pretty much always showed up for people who are using the wrong code. So if the firewall or an antivirus program is not responsible, make sure that the code is written correctly. Ideally, copy it directly from your Humble Story page.

FGiBiT

Post by FGiBiT » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:25 am

Thanks for the reply man! I just tried to deactivate my firewall (was using Comodo which was not mentioned in the troubleshooting section) and I copied it from the humble bundle store along with writing it manually and even trying to remove the dashes in between (so it's: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) but still no luck... Maybe it's having trouble recognizing my code as legit? but it got me in here so that would be very weird indeed...

FilmForce

Post by FilmForce » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 am

I'm having a bit of a problem with this.

I have a Mac OSX, and I downloaded the correct version. It worked just fine, but when I tried to open the game after updating, it just wouldn't open.
Here's the error message I got instead:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Users/alexandertendeland/Desktop/Overgrowth a190.app/Contents/MacOS/Overgrowth
Reason: image not found

Can anyone make sense of it?

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:28 pm

FilmForce wrote:I'm having a bit of a problem with this.

I have a Mac OSX, and I downloaded the correct version. It worked just fine, but when I tried to open the game after updating, it just wouldn't open.
Here's the error message I got instead:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Users/alexandertendeland/Desktop/Overgrowth a190.app/Contents/MacOS/Overgrowth
Reason: image not found

Can anyone make sense of it?
Maybe delete the game's cache files from SUMlauncher. When you talk about updating, do you mean the game or Sunlauncher?

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 pm

So... how often do we get content updates for SUMlauncher? Is it every other update or so? Cause I know levels have been put on the forum lately, but the convenience of SUMlauncher is just too.. tantalizing i guess.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 pm

BobSnyder wrote:So... how often do we get content updates for SUMlauncher? Is it every other update or so? Cause I know levels have been put on the forum lately, but the convenience of SUMlauncher is just too.. tantalizing i guess.
It's my fault... unfortunately, I'm the only person who can update the content in SUMLauncher... and I've been very busy with work. I was having some people help prepare the files for me, and I might try to do that again, but I really should set up some kind of guide for how to be SUMLauncher compatible...

So, hopefully soon I'll have some time to do updates... but I don't have an exact time frame...

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Anton wrote:
BobSnyder wrote:So... how often do we get content updates for SUMlauncher? Is it every other update or so? Cause I know levels have been put on the forum lately, but the convenience of SUMlauncher is just too.. tantalizing i guess.
It's my fault... unfortunately, I'm the only person who can update the content in SUMLauncher... and I've been very busy with work. I was having some people help prepare the files for me, and I might try to do that again, but I really should set up some kind of guide for how to be SUMLauncher compatible...

So, hopefully soon I'll have some time to do updates... but I don't have an exact time frame...
Alright that sounds great! I didn't realize you were the only one working on it. I really appreciate it though, it's great!

mrmakkymakk

Post by mrmakkymakk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am

Yo! SUM launcher is cool! I'm having a lot of problems with it not being able to use the correct .exe file to run. I've got Ubuntu 14.04 and I can run the game normally through steam and even the custom maps I download from SUM launcher work but I can't get things like weapon packs or characters to work. Every time I run SUMLauncher.jar it asks me to locate the .exe file, I choose overgrowth.bin.x86 in the .local steam directory since it's the only one that works. I tried re-updating the alpha but it didn't seem to help. I get this error message every time I try to launch the game from SUMLauncher:

Code: Select all

*Error!*
SUMLauncher version 3.0.8 (build 32)
Linux
2014-10-23 13:48:40.397
java.io.FileNotFoundException: The Overgrowth executable could not be found.
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.w.run(Unknown Source)
SUMLauncher has always worked perfectly for me on windows and I would really like to be able to play with custom characters and weapons. It would be much appreciated if someone could help me out. I really hope I'm just being dumb and didn't select the correct file .exe file.