Unofficial Overgrowth a208 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
EPR89

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a208 build

Post by EPR89 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:59 pm

BobSnyder wrote:Heres a suggestion: When the enemy is only unconscious, not dead, we can grab their body like normal, and if we grab their head, we can press LMB while holding RMB and snap their neck. Too brutal?
When I want to kill them I generally grab them by the head and then knee them. That strike usually lands on the back of the head and kills them.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 pm

There seems to be a lot more lag and framerate drops in this version. Is anyone else having the same issues?

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:09 pm

EPR89 wrote:
BobSnyder wrote:Heres a suggestion: When the enemy is only unconscious, not dead, we can grab their body like normal, and if we grab their head, we can press LMB while holding RMB and snap their neck. Too brutal?
When I want to kill them I generally grab them by the head and then knee them. That strike usually lands on the back of the head and kills them.
You can knee them when you grab them? I haven't tried that. That's pretty sweet. Oh and another thing about the grabs. I would greatly appreciate if they made it to where you can actually walk forward with someone who is still alive. Like when you sneak behind them and grab them. So that you can take them hostage and use them as a shield.

ttcfcl

Post by ttcfcl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Peruraptor wrote:There seems to be a lot more lag and framerate drops in this version. Is anyone else having the same issues?
yea, go play arena, and whenever the characters get back up from being knocked down, i get wicked fpg drop. once they're standing, it's back to normal.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Yep, If seems to be when multiple people are ragdolling.

gawhisper

Post by gawhisper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 pm

yup I've been having great performance with the game now, with 100+ fps, but for some reason when a character ragdolls and then gets up, the fps drops a lot, to 10 or less fps, it's happening when the "getting up" animation starts, is there anyway around this?

xkjq

Post by xkjq » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Still getting the

Code: Select all

Error
Could not find Data folder; please make sure working directory is set correctly.
error on linux.

gürn

Post by gürn » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 pm

xkjq wrote:Still getting the

Error
Could not find Data folder; please make sure working directory is set correctly.
error on linux.
The game is looking for a folder "Data", but it is actually named "data". Filename are not case sensitive in windows, but they are on unix.
In my case, I could solve this particular issue by creating a symlink, but it seems there are more issues like this lurking everywhere in the game data files.

btw, not sure if this is related, but does anybody else experience *very* frequent segfaults when running the unofficial build? For me the game is hardly playable right now, I will try again when the next alpha is out.

shyisc

Post by shyisc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:08 pm

I have the System76 Galago Ultra Pro. I noticed with the latest update that I get more performance problems, but on a smaller scale, like more stuttering, but not as strong or as prolonged.

xkjq

Post by xkjq » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:02 pm

gürn wrote:
xkjq wrote:Still getting the

Error
error on linux.
The game is looking for a folder "Data", but it is actually named "data". Filename are not case sensitive in windows, but they are on unix.
In my case, I could solve this particular issue by creating a symlink, but it seems there are more issues like this lurking everywhere in the game data files.

btw, not sure if this is related, but does anybody else experience *very* frequent segfaults when running the unofficial build? For me the game is hardly playable right now, I will try again when the next alpha is out.
Thanks, didn't notice that.

It runs now, but like you getting frequent segfaults.

mwalimu

Post by mwalimu » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Trying the linux build. I fixed the Data folder problem but all I get is a window and the lines

Current controllers:
Initialized video driver: x11
RGBA bits, depth: 8 8 8 0, 24
Anti-aliasing samples: 0
V-Sync: 0
192 texture units supported.
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS: 4096
LaunchApp: failed to execvp:
/home/bob/games/Wolfire/Overgrowth/lib/AwesomiumProcess
and there it hangs forever. I notice there is no x86_64 executable any more. Is that the problem?

Archaic

Post by Archaic » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:55 am

Peruraptor wrote:There seems to be a lot more lag and framerate drops in this version. Is anyone else having the same issues?
Only just installed the update today, yeah I have the same thing over here.

gürn

Post by gürn » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:06 pm

mwalimu wrote:

and there it hangs forever. I notice there is no x86_64 executable any more. Is that the problem?
When I first extracted the downloaded archive, the exec bit on AwesomiumProcess wasn't set.

Try this:

chmod +x /home/bob/games/Wolfire/Overgrowth/lib/AwesomiumProcess
Better now?