[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
BobSnyder

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by BobSnyder » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:41 am

Anton wrote:
BobSnyder wrote:Okay, I've been using SUMlauncher for about a year now on an iMac. I just got a PC though, and I'm trying to set it up. When I paste my forum key when it asks for 'Authentication Code', a window pops up that says "could not connect to authentication server http://www.wolfire.com". I don't remember this happening on the mac. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Make sure you are using your Forum key from the Humble Bundle page, and not your Steam "CD Code".
Yeah I used the Steam key first, then I came here and read the first post which said to use the Humble Bundle Code, and when I used that, the same thing happened.

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:46 am

EPR89 wrote:
BobSnyder wrote:Okay, I've been using SUMlauncher for about a year now on an iMac. I just got a PC though, and I'm trying to set it up. When I paste my forum key when it asks for 'Authentication Code', a window pops up that says "could not connect to authentication server http://www.wolfire.com". I don't remember this happening on the mac. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Sounds like some overzealous antivirus software to me.

EDIT: Or what Anton said. Just assumed this wouldn't happen to someone who has used the program before.
I just tried it again and it worked this time. Don't know why it didn't work earlier.

S0lll0s

Post by S0lll0s » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 am

Im on Arch linux, and every time I launch SUM Launcher it asks to find the executable or download it. I have not installed it, so I click on download. A progress window appears but closes immediately after I select the download location, it then jumps back to the menu (exit/download/select executable)

Edit: it works when I launch as root. Though I def have write access to the directory I chose (my home directory)

TriadMonkey

Post by TriadMonkey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:19 pm

I have a similar linux issue, I am running fedora 20, every time I launch SUM Launcher it asks to find the executable or download it. I navigate to where I installed it, the SUMLauncher opens. I click launch Overgrowth and the launcher crashes (screenshot attached). I have also attached the SUMLog text.
Attachments
SUMLog.txt
(677 Bytes) Downloaded 32 times
sumlauncher_error_ss1.png

justkiddin

Post by justkiddin » Sat May 23, 2015 9:23 am

When I click to download SUM launcher it starts loading for ages then stops, I don't have any anti-virus programs etc, any help? (I'm using google chrome)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:55 am

justkiddin wrote:When I click to download SUM launcher it starts loading for ages then stops, I don't have any anti-virus programs etc, any help? (I'm using google chrome)
Just tried it with Chrome and it works just fine. The download is just a few kilobytes.

drizzly

Post by drizzly » Mon May 25, 2015 3:54 pm

BobSnyder wrote:
Anton wrote:

Make sure you are using your Forum key from the Humble Bundle page, and not your Steam "CD Code".
Yeah I used the Steam key first, then I came here and read the first post which said to use the Humble Bundle Code, and when I used that, the same thing happened.
got the same problem, its been a while since i played, so i dont really remember my humble bumble code
is there a way to get it back ?
i tried to use their 'order resender' but they said i dont have any orders :/

FIXED :mrgreen:

Lone_Pickle

Post by Lone_Pickle » Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

When I put in my key it says, "Error connecting to authentication server. Unable to reach authentication page."
How do I fix this?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed May 27, 2015 11:55 am

Lone_Pickle wrote:When I put in my key it says, "Error connecting to authentication server. Unable to reach authentication page."
How do I fix this?
Instead of using your Steam "CD Key", you need to use the Forum Activation code from Humble Bundle. That process should be described in the first post.

rustic

Post by rustic » Sun May 31, 2015 12:35 pm

I had the sum launcher a while ago but got rid of everything I had to do with steam while I was doing my uni exams last year, I tried to download it on my mac again today and when i open the application it says 'the application is damaged and can't be opened and I should put it in the trash'. It worked fine previously so I am at a loss.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 31, 2015 12:39 pm

rustic wrote:I had the sum launcher a while ago but got rid of everything I had to do with steam while I was doing my uni exams last year, I tried to download it on my mac again today and when i open the application it says 'the application is damaged and can't be opened and I should put it in the trash'. It worked fine previously so I am at a loss.
There are directions how to resolve this in the first post. Look for the Mac portion of the troubleshooting section. It is not actually damaged, just bad phrasing from Apple...

rustic

Post by rustic » Sun May 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Anton wrote:
rustic wrote:I had the sum launcher a while ago but got rid of everything I had to do with steam while I was doing my uni exams last year, I tried to download it on my mac again today and when i open the application it says 'the application is damaged and can't be opened and I should put it in the trash'. It worked fine previously so I am at a loss.
There are directions how to resolve this in the first post. Look for the Mac portion of the troubleshooting section. It is not actually damaged, just bad phrasing from Apple...

I have seen several people with the same problem directed to the trouble shooting section only problem is this forum is hard to navigate - I have no idea where I'm meant to be looking.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 31, 2015 12:46 pm

rustic wrote:
Anton wrote:

I have seen several people with the same problem directed to the trouble shooting section only problem is this forum is hard to navigate - I have no idea where I'm meant to be looking.
On the top and bottom of each forum page, there are page numbers, click on number "1" and that will take you to the first page of this topic.

From there, the first post (where you downloaded SUMLauncher from) has several sections. The bottom section has a "Support" heading, and then a "Troubleshooting" section. Click "Show" next to troubleshooting to expand that section, and then look for the Mac instructions.

Let me know if that helps.

rustic

Post by rustic » Sun May 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Cheers mate thats really helpful

dividedbyronin

Post by dividedbyronin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi I sent you a bug report, however, i figured out it was a space I had accidentally placed.. oops. Pleas ignore.