How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
oldkid1940

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by oldkid1940 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:57 pm

I was surfing YouTube and saw a video on it. I love fighting games and it seemed unique to some of the others that are milling around, not to mention the style reminded me of the Redwall books I used to love reading. :D I am also a furry, so the anthropomorphic style drew me in as well... :oops:

Voltricon

Post by Voltricon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 pm

A NerdCubed video. :D

Zalak123

Post by Zalak123 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:32 pm

I got Lugaru HD as a part of the first(?) Humble Bundle, and I FELL IN LOVE. After that, I did some reading about the game's history, and found out about the sequel, Overgrowth.

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:32 pm

I was looking free games on the Archlinux repositories, I found lugaru, I found that it had a sequel named Overgrowth, I bought it, thats it.
And then I found than Lugaru was on steam, I bought it and I played a lot, its currently more fun than overgrowth (since its finished).

Oregoncelt

Post by Oregoncelt » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 am

I Heard about Lugaru from my own web browsing during its development, in a genre that I like, and covering a topic rarely touched since Redwall, Rats of Nimh, or Watership Down. And While some of those books may go on for a while, a good many of them feel rather dated. Mouse Guard somewhat touching on the topic as well. I never really picked up Lugaru but during one of my numerous online musings crossed its predecessor and followed development for some time. Finally I got the nerve to join whichever version is out.

I've been a part of other Alphas/betas and have a bit of developed patience when it comes to things like bugs, wipes, or complete GUI or HUD changes. Its going to take me time clearly to catch up to the veterans of Overgrowth but I find the world building tools fascinating and a high potential for story telling.

Connorses

Post by Connorses » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:13 am

I played Lugaru, I loved the combat system in that game. When I heard about how they were putting the sequel in Early Access and doing all this awesome graphical work I had to try it out.

Kroznigh

Post by Kroznigh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:14 pm

NerdCubed's old video

king0kong

Post by king0kong » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:17 am

I was introduced to OG through a youtube channel called "OfficialNerdCubed" and he did a video on the game a long time ago.. not long after i saw the video, i decided to preorder the game. this happend about 3 years ago.

shamnope

Post by shamnope » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:07 pm

....markiplier....

Camerch

Post by Camerch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:12 am

I saw Nerdcubed's video on it and thought "hang on, that looks familiar..." so I did a little research.

About 11 years ago when I was in primary school, my brother was playing a game that had Kung-fu fighting rabbits. I found out later the game was called Lugaru.

Then I discovered Wolfire's blog and I was (and still am) fascinated by dev blogs of games and now here we are.

Sadly my 2 year-old laptop cannot handle Overgrowth in any way, shape or form, so I'm waiting on good fortune/my budget to send me a better computer.

JimmyEatAPepsi

Post by JimmyEatAPepsi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:36 am

iDubbbzTV on YouTube used to make a lot of Overgrowth videos (in fact, he's even made a full let's play of Lugaru) and he's my favorite YouTuber, so yeah.

CaptJack92a

Post by CaptJack92a » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:16 am

RugFro

Post by RugFro » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:59 am

Markiplier, about 2 years ago.
Bought it 6 months later.
Activated forum account 1 1/2 years later.

Holt5

Post by Holt5 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:14 am

I learned about Overgrowth via Markiplier (youtube) playing multiplayer with a buddy. I've been a fan of Redwall and similar media since the age of 13, so when I saw it I knew I had to do some research. Then I found out Wolfire had some other games that were finished, so I got one of those.

Derpychameleon

Post by Derpychameleon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Nerd³ video on the game.
I instantly fell in love.