I need help, this same error message keeps coming up.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
txlefty30

I need help, this same error message keeps coming up.

Post by txlefty30 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Please help, About half of the community levels i download pop up with this message every time and i don't know what i need to do to fix it. They say "UNIFORM_EXTRA_AO." I don't know what the problem is.
Attachments
here's what keeps popping up
here's what keeps popping up
error message.PNG (10.65 KiB) Viewed 804 times

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: I need help, this same error message keeps coming up.

Post by halzoid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Looks like the error is to do with the level containing water (based on the "Scrolling alpha fast" tag in the error. The shader that was used to create it previously no longer works with the engine (I think...), which is why the new levels use an updated shader. I dont think there are any community maps have used water since the update to the shaders, which means that no water maps work...

This is my best guess, what level were you trying to load, and have you tried any that you would assume don't use water?

(I'll also add that next to no community maps worked on my old laptop, if you get any other errors, it could also potentially be to do with the specs of your PC, but I can't be sure)

txlefty30

Re: I need help, this same error message keeps coming up.

Post by txlefty30 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Okay so what i found is that this River fight map that i installed which probably has the shaders your talking about is probably the problem, but when i try to uninstall it that message pops up in the bottom which just so happens to be all the maps that weren't working and that caused that error message, so that means it does have something to do with this River Fight map. This map also installed a mod in my mods menu of the game called water fight shaders, which i have turned off and on and the levels still comes up with the same error message. Do you know what i should do to fix it?
Attachments
Here is the map and message when i try to uninstall it
Here is the map and message when i try to uninstall it
River fight mod.PNG (122.35 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Here is the shader mod it installed
Here is the shader mod it installed