[Feature Request?] Where is snapping necks?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
ZeScratch

[Feature Request?] Where is snapping necks?

Post by ZeScratch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:17 am

I love the fact that you can slash throats and choke out NPCs, but I want to be able to kill them instantly without a weapon in hand. I don't understand why it isn't in there already. Thanks for the latest a227 testing updates by the way. The music is awesome! I'm also assuming that the Lagaru part is completely unfinished considering it has a missing texture gradient as a background.

akazi

Re: [Feature Request?] Where is snapping necks?

Post by akazi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:28 pm

If I remember right, the reason you can't snap necks with bare hands in the game is because realistically you wouldn't be able to, or would be extremely difficult. Also probably serves as a balancing mechanic to not have it in. To be honest, I think it would be way too easy to run around a level snapping necks left and right.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:58 am

My own theory is that the unarmed takedown is supposed to be the absolute stealthy one. No sound, no traces, but it takes longer as a tradeoff.

I personally like that choking an enemy out in theory allows you to go a nonlethal round. Personally I'd like to have the ability to tie unconscious opponents up because realistically no one would stay unconscious for very long after being choked out, but that's probably overthinking things and from a design perspective over-complicating them. Still, would be cool if enemies could at least wake up unconscious allies.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:45 pm

EPR89 wrote:My own theory is that the unarmed takedown is supposed to be the absolute stealthy one. No sound, no traces, but it takes longer as a tradeoff.

I personally like that choking an enemy out in theory allows you to go a nonlethal round. Personally I'd like to have the ability to tie unconscious opponents up because realistically no one would stay unconscious for very long after being choked out, but that's probably overthinking things and from a design perspective over-complicating them. Still, would be cool if enemies could at least wake up unconscious allies.
That's sort of like in Metal Gear and I'm sure a lot of other stealth games. If another enemy finds the unconscious one, they're punch them in the shoulder and instantly bring them out of their coma (this is FAAR from the strangest thing in those games). I also like that there's a nonlethal stealth takedown since that was a big problem in Lugaru if you were trying to get the merciful trophy, but ended up suplexing an enemy's spine into a hundred pieces.