Low Graphics Options

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Artium

Low Graphics Options

Post by Artium » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi,

My PC is very old, Radeon HD 6570 and Pentium E 6500.

Naturally the FPS is very low and the game is not playable.

I plan to upgrade the PC soon, so this is not a problem for me but I have two questions related to this situation:

1. Is it possible to view the current FPS on the screen? This might help to tune the graphics options and will allow players to understand which options has the greatest impact on performance.

2. Will the developers consider adding more options into the graphics options section. For example turning off blood decals, particles, fog etc? I am sure you know better which features are the most demanding.

Thank you,
:)

Thomason1005

Re: Low Graphics Options

Post by Thomason1005 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:59 am

1. there should be a show fps option under the debug menu (options -> all on the right)
2. there is an option to turn off blood. in the middle menu i think?

merlyn

Re: Low Graphics Options

Post by merlyn » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 pm

For the best performance, make sure you are updated to the newest version of your video card drivers, and have killed all third-party programs, especially antivirus and video recording software.

If you have the Steam version of the game, then a newer (testing) build might give you better performance. This will come at a cost of a little bit of potential bugginess, since these are pre-alpha versions of the game. Those builds also have additional performance-enhancing debug options that might work well on your system.

The "advanced_testing" build is the release candidate for the next alpha. There will be some testing done on it, but it is not "release quality" yet. It may have additional features and optimizations.

The "internal_testing" build is the nightly build, and has no guarantees of being stable or tested. It will have the latest features and latest optimizations.

If you install either of these pre-release versions, make sure you file bug reports when you encounter problems - See http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_T ... Overgrowth

Instructions for opting into unstable/newer builds on Steam:
1. Go to your game library
2. Right click the name of the game (in the list on the left)
3. Click on "Properties"
4. Click the "Betas" tab
5. Switch the beta that you are opting into from "NONE" to "advanced_testing" or "internal_testing"
6. Close the window
7. Wait for the new game updates to download