FROM SPF, how to get HumbleBundle or Steam key

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
markzakaev

FROM SPF, how to get HumbleBundle or Steam key

Post by markzakaev » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Hey all,
I bought this game straight through this website, and so the only key I have is for the SPF. Now I see alpha 227 isn't downloadable yet, but people say you can get it from Steam.
I don't have the game activated on either Humble Bundle OR Steam, I just have my SPF activation key.
So, how do I link this forum account to my Steam account/Humble Bundle account?
Humble Bundle doesn't even let you redeem keys for individual games, as far as I can tell.

markzakaev

Re: FROM SPF, how to get HumbleBundle or Steam key

Post by markzakaev » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Solved.

The solution was, the SPF activation key is of the form: [email protected]/XXXXX/YYYYY
the humble bundle link, "www.humblebundle.com/s?key=" needs ONLY the YYYYY part, not the whole activation key.

Katana

Post by Katana » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 pm

I can't quite seem to figure this out. Humblebundle.com seems to have forgotten about any preordering I did. I can find the old E-mail I got from Wolfire when I did preorder, but it only gives invalid key messages on the humble bundle website.

I'm still interested in the game, but retrieving updates via this forum would be too much of a hassle for me.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Katana wrote:I can't quite seem to figure this out. Humblebundle.com seems to have forgotten about any preordering I did. I can find the old E-mail I got from Wolfire when I did preorder, but it only gives invalid key messages on the humble bundle website.

I'm still interested in the game, but retrieving updates via this forum would be too much of a hassle for me.
If you email [email protected] they may be able to help you be able to recover any game keys you have previously purchased.