Unofficial Overgrowth a211 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
kaleb0777

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a211 build

Post by kaleb0777 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Capture Specs.PNG
Can you guys help me? What am i supposed to do to fix this?
Edit: Here is my specs if you need them
Capture Error.PNG
Capture Error.PNG (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1975 times

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38645

Looks like you have the same error as me. Well, at least they updated the error code
Your computer might not be able to run OpenGL 3.2, which overgrowth now uses, or that you do not have OpenGL 3.2 installed.
If you can install it then OG should work, if your computer doesnt support it then you might be out of luck :? . You can recieve a refund if you wish to, or you might be able to use a209, other than this, I have no other solutions, hopefully other forum members might

Hope that you can fix this and that OG will work

pikmintaro

Post by pikmintaro » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:52 pm

I posted this on the Steam Overgrowth forum, but I wanted to repost it here also since I'd like to try and fix these things if possible.

So I bought this in 2013 (I think) after watching Markiplier play it, and I absolutely loved it, but eventually I forgot about it for awhile and just now came back to it.
Now when I first played it I didn't have any problems everything ran fine and it was all good, but now I am having a few problems, that might just be due to it being in alpha, and I understand that there are lots of tweaks going on that may make the game run wonky on my computer but I wanted to ask and see if there was some way to fix them just in case.
Here is my System Info in case you need it.

http://s25.postimg.org/iaylo0yv3/System_Info.png

#1: First of all the "Stucco Arena" level, I like the new arenas but this is still my favorite and I'd like to play on it again, but everytime I try the game loads for a little bit and then this pops up.

http://s25.postimg.org/hf248kp6n/captur ... 124718.png

I did some searching before asking for help here, and other people seemed to be having the same problem the people who helped them said to uninstall the game and then delete the data folder, so I tried that once (I deleted it from the "Wolfire" in "Documents") and it didn't fix it when I reinstalled, so I uninstalled again and deleted the Wolfire folder completely from Documents, and then I went to Steamapps/Common and deleted the Overgrowth folder from there also and then reinstalled, and it still won't work, so I'm not really sure what to do, I understand it can't find the file so I can only assume that maybe it's been removed from the alpha for now?

#2: I sort of fixed this, but some levels were running really slowly when I loaded them, and I tried lowering the settings but that didn't help (and certain settings cause the game to freeze completely when I lower them.) but after uninstalling and reinstalling I simply left the game at 800x600 resolution (It might not be 600 I can't remember) instead of 1600x900 which is what my monitor usually has, and that seems to have sped up the levels a lot, and putting it in fullscreen fills it up no matter the resolution, but I'd like to get the levels back up to speed without having to lower the resolution.

#3: This goes with 2, but leaving the resolution at its default causes the screen when you finish a level (the one that shows you beat the enemies, or died or whatever.) to go into the bottom left corner and I can't select any of the options in it (particularly the little retry circle or the exit X) which isn't really a huge problem since I can go into the menu thing from pressing ESC and choose retry, but I'd like to fix this, and when I had the resolution at 1600x900 the level finishing screen worked fine, but since it made some of the levels run slowly it wasn't really worth it to keep it at that resolution even though I want to, here is an example.

http://s25.postimg.org/yxg5x3rsv/2015_11_27_00004.jpg

#4: The textures in some of the levels (and it seems to be the levels that run slowly at 1600x900) are a bit wonky for example on the Night/Fall platforming level with all the Crete (I think that's what those growing rock things are called.), there are random parts that look like Checkerboards! and then on the Crater level the crete all looks like Ice (or aluminum foil) and it looks like there are two suns! here are some examples!

http://s25.postimg.org/nu1558vwf/2015_11_27_00001.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/kogjf1da7/2015_11_27_00002.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/5h0juolfj/2015_11_27_00003.jpg

Since uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix this, I'm kind of wondering if it's something with the Alpha like if they are trying out different textures and whatnot, not a huge problem, but I'm wondering if there is a way for me to fix it.

Thanks for any help!

kaleb0777

Post by kaleb0777 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:08 pm

halzoid wrote: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38645

Looks like you have the same error as me. Well, at least they updated the error code
Your computer might not be able to run OpenGL 3.2, which overgrowth now uses, or that you do not have OpenGL 3.2 installed.
If you can install it then OG should work, if your computer doesnt support it then you might be out of luck :? . You can recieve a refund if you wish to, or you might be able to use a209, other than this, I have no other solutions, hopefully other forum members might

Hope that you can fix this and that OG will work
Where can i try to download opengl 3.2?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Kaleb:
I found a few websites just through searching on Google, I'm on my phone, so I can't send the links, but it only took me about 2 seconds to find a source

Pikmintaro:
Stucco coutuard arena is missing a file, I think it's the same issue I've seen before (you can check through my posts, because I uploaded that file recently, not sure what the topic was).
No idea what I wrong with the challenge menu (also, you know you can reset a level with "L")
I think most of those errors are to do with decals being placed, which are currently broken.
The two Suns is caused by one sun being on the skybox and the other is the actual in-game sun, you can fix this by double clicking each one and dragging the real sun over the skybox sun

pikmintaro

Post by pikmintaro » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:11 pm

halzoid wrote:Kaleb:
I found a few websites just through searching on Google, I'm on my phone, so I can't send the links, but it only took me about 2 seconds to find a source

Pikmintaro:
Stucco coutuard arena is missing a file, I think it's the same issue I've seen before (you can check through my posts, because I uploaded that file recently, not sure what the topic was).
No idea what I wrong with the challenge menu (also, you know you can reset a level with "L")
I think most of those errors are to do with decals being placed, which are currently broken.
The two Suns is caused by one sun being on the skybox and the other is the actual in-game sun, you can fix this by double clicking each one and dragging the real sun over the skybox sun
Ok thanks I found it here

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38672&p=240403#p240403

I had to rename it a bit because the game still couldn't find it even when putting it in the right folder, but now it's working again.
And I don't know how to do anything with the skybox so I'll just leave it for now.

kaleb0777

Post by kaleb0777 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:47 pm

I've been looking but i still cant seem to find a download. I keep finding a pdf and all that but i can find a download anywhere for opengl

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:38 pm

With pretty much any consumer oriented operating system you don't download Open GL. It comes with the OS. What you need is the drivers for our hardware to support the versions of Open GL your games use. If you have updated the drivers and the game still doesn't work, chances are your graphics card is simply so outdated that it doesn't support Open GL 3.2.

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:18 am

kaleb0777: from that screen, go to Device Manager and open the Display section. Judging by the processor it looks like you are running on a fairly recent surface tablet, so I suspect it's using an older Intel chip (and Intel's support for recent 10-year-old versions of OpenGL has only caught up recently), but it could just be out of date drivers.

erikylab

Post by erikylab » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Garabaldi wrote:Any way to fix these errors?

And very nice to see some female models are being made.
lol its not an error its just a warning, just click on continue :D