The Great Battle Of Lugaru Part 1

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
shadow717

Re: The Great Battle Of Lugaru Part 1

Post by shadow717 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 am

I doubt you could put anyone in the hospital, just from the way you post I imagine you as some scrawny little idiot in a computer chair who can't speak proper English.

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:22 am

shadow717 wrote:I doubt you could put anyone in the hospital, just from the way you post I imagine you as some scrawny little idiot in a computer chair who can't speak proper English.
stop plopping your fat ass on the computer chair and typing rubbish on a cool website. now shut the hell up before i hack your account with cheat engine 5.5 :evil:

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:41 am

That's a threat. Besides that you can't hack my account.

Oh P.S. Cheat engine is illegal. I reported you again.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:22 am

Look, if you want to be respected in forums you really do need to pick up on grammar, putting spaces after full stops is where you would be wanting to start.
Devilsclub wrote: nah you can make fun of me.unless you want to end up in the hospital

yo i just posted a story.whats the problem with that?
This is where its going to get really in depth

Typing a message and sending it is not the way to go, you have to read then re-read if you want to get somewhere. I don't care if its long, everybody else manages. What you want to look for is (in order of priority):

1. Sentences that don't make logical sense at all - sometimes you can start a sentence then finish it in your head, forgetting how it started then making the entire phrase just gibberish, sometimes people can make out what your saying but it still looks really, really bad.

2. Grammatical errors and bad use of slang - grammatical errors annoy readers and inappropriate slang gets annoying, if its a feel your trying to portray thats relevant to what your typing in then its fine but otherwise its just silly. In particular the whole "u" instead of "you" stuff, its great for MSN but its different here, and also adding words like "yo". If your using it instead of "hello" then thats different but just adding it in randomly is silly.

"yo i just posted a story.whats the problem with that?" is the same as "i just posted a story.whats the problem with that?" but I personally think the latter makes you sound more convincing and easier to like. The first one makes you sound arrogant.

Not to say that internet slang in context is fine, if your trying to express being happy, saying "I am happy" is technically the same as "=)" but in reality it has a completely different feel, and if its the feel you want then I'm fine with it.

3. Spelling - Pretty self explanatory, I'm personally not really picky with long words, some of them I don't even pick up but with simple words it gets annoying. Not to be confused with typos, I have no real problem with them but I know it irritates some people.

4. Incorrect sentences - sentences that don't make sense once you actually look at them, to call you back to "nah you can make fun of me.unless you want to end up in the hospital", I hope that most people would have immediately known what you where saying but that does mean "don't make fun of me unless you want to end up in a hospital", so to clarify "if you don't want to be in a hospital insult me"

I'll get more specific to things that where wrong with that story (I won't mention the intro because thats been said)

The characters were way out of order. When people see the title "battle of lugaru" they want the battle to be about lugaru, not just a whole lot of same named rabbits and wolfs that act and speak COMPLETELY different. Look at the language:

"Turner: Alpha wolfs army will be here any minute
Skipper: don’t think so we kicked his butt really hard last time so he probably wouldn’t come back.
Turner: first of all i kicked alpha wolfs butt and second he never gives up."

"Turner looks straight ahead: omg run run in now run
Skipper: what what…. O o "

People want, I'll say again, a story about lugaru, written in the same feel as lugaru. Putting in abbreviations and emoticons is the worst thing you could possible do.

"Turner: nah just a bird"

that should be

"Turner: it was just a bird"

Way more grammatically correct, maybe not really very turner like but thats more to do with the subject of the sentence then anything. Also, there should have been a comma in your one.

The April thing, you can't just bring people back to life, nobody cares if its a separate world where nobody can get killed, ever, its once again not keeping it on subject of lugaru.

All of this would have been fine if you just said, "I'm writing this very quickly so I'm not going to be editing it, its not very in context either, I just wanted to write a battle thing about lugaru and I thought I'd share it" Instead you presented it as a "pristine" piece of writing, even including "part 1" in the title. If you are going to do something like that then not bother to go through and edit it (properly?) then you should expect to be coping the flak that you are.

Now this bit goes to everyone in the forums: There are people here who are children, and they can contribute the internet just as much as everybody else.

Nimai is 14 as well, and frankly so am I

I would prefer if I'm not judged by it

In addition, lugaru is based in a pre-medieval kind of environment. Where did all the technology come from?
Last edited by tomascokis on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:27 am

In addition, lugaru is based in a pre-medieval kind of environment. Where did all the technology come from?

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:48 am

I wish there were such thing as an internet hug.

Tomascokis, you are awesome for that big post right there. (Though, remember to edit instead of double posting. :P)

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:19 am

I don't care if he did double post what he just did was awesome, and I agree, I'm 14 as well, and I use proper grammar. It's easy to do, and it makes everyone happy. I wouldn't hate Devilsclub if he used proper grammar, but we can't always get what we want.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't agree with you're flaming though, Shadow. Just ask him instead of getting angry. You didn't even tell him why you were flaming him, so how is that going to solve anything?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:42 pm

invertin wrote:I don't agree with you're flaming though, Shadow. Just ask him instead of getting angry. You didn't even tell him why you were flaming him, so how is that going to solve anything?
I agree. An angry reply will make the other person angry, not more polite.

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah, I need to stop to flaming before I explain whats wrong, but as I look at Devilclubs posts, I see that his grammar has progressively gotten worse since he's joined the forum. I also remember someone else warning him about his grammar. I'm gonna try to apologize to him in a thread this week. That assuming he doesn't do something really stupid...

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Devilsclub wrote:
shadow717 wrote:I doubt you could put anyone in the hospital, just from the way you post I imagine you as some scrawny little idiot in a computer chair who can't speak proper English.
stop plopping your fat ass on the computer chair and typing rubbish on a cool website. now shut the hell up before i hack your account with cheat engine 5.5 :evil:
You're a troll. I bet you don't know how to use it. I bet you just Googled "hacking software". I don't like you. I'm as nerdy as can be, but I bet I could kick YOUR ass, just because you threatened someone over the internet.
I'm also 14. We've got a lot of them don't we?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Wow. I see a lot of stupid posts in this thread. Why are we talking about ass-kicking? That doesn't occur on the internet, go back to real life for a fight.

The story was not good (but it was very funny). All of you who are going beyond this and personally attacking him for his post are idiots. Please stop ruining our forum.

edit: I think tomascokis' post is a great example of why age doesn't matter in an internet-based community. Well done.
Last edited by Jendraz on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Have you read any of his other posts? He spams like nobodies business. AND he's threatening us, physically and our accounts. Don't defend him.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Sandurz wrote:Have you read any of his other posts? He spams like nobodies business. AND he's threatening us, physically and our accounts. Don't defend him.
No I have not. His other posts are not this post, which is what all of you are replying to.

I'm not defending him. I'm criticizing you. Don't turn this place into a middle school playground.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

invertin wrote:I wish there were such thing as an internet hug.
There is. It's called: "*hug*". Only it's effect is minimal in comparison to the real thing.

Also yeah, you guys, stop making too much of a big deal out of this.
He's a kid. He spams, he threatens... So? A lot of kids do. Just today I was playing with a french lad who doesn't speak english very well (and I don't speak french at all), and my friend translated his words as 'You will feel pain, and suffer in the next match!' as we were playing a friendly game of SSBB. He then proceeded to lose epicly with 2 SD's and 3 deaths.
After that we played some Mario Kart. He chose rainbow road, and mimed slitting a throat to me, as our translator was off eating some easter eggs. The first thing he then did was fall off the side even before the second boost. The match ended up with me being just behind the finish line in my final lap, waiting patiently with both A and B pressed, with him trailing along, just 'overtaking' me as he started on his last lap.

Threats from kids aren't much to worry about. It's when we find out they CAN and WILL cause trouble that we step in to do something about it.

Quit fussing so much over a moronic nub, you bunch over neo-grammar-nazis. Sheesh.