How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Grufil

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Grufil » Sat May 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I played Lugaru long long time ago. I completed the story and challenges several times and thirsted for more. So I without any hesitation googled "Lugaru 2". So I saw REALLY alpha gameart or some fanart about "Lugaru 2 may look like this?". Couple of years later, I googled again, when I had been playing Lugaru after a long while. Then I saw homepage "OVERGROWTH coming soon". My hype rose so it broke the sky and started climate change. Then I preordered Overgrowth immediately I saw it was possible after year or two.

SlayerBunnie

Post by SlayerBunnie » Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I was watching NerdCubed's vid about it, and I was all like "Whoa mannnnnn, that's pretty rad yo. Ima buy that crap up now, dawg." So yep.

End3rB0rn

Post by End3rB0rn » Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Jeff wrote:So lately, Overgrowth preorders are somewhat through the roof compared to what we have been used to... I am really curious where they are coming from.

So I ask, how did you guys hear about Overgrowth and what made you preorder it?

Is it by association of the Humble Bundle? YouTube videos? ModDB? Please let me know!
I was watching some Youtube videos by a Youtuber named Nerd Cubed and I saw the thumbnail and it looked pretty cool so I decided to check it out.

Adronio

Post by Adronio » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 pm

I first saw overgrowth a long time ago, 3 years?, on nercubeds channel, and have been following it since, and finally bought it a month ago. I havent regret a thing! :D

B-radBeitler

Post by B-radBeitler » Tue May 14, 2013 10:54 pm

I saw IDubbbz play it and I fell in love!

GizmoGuy

Post by GizmoGuy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I was clicking through videos on Youtube a while back and I saw a video of an oddly proportioned humanoid creature on a redish background title, "Nerd(cubed) Plays: Overgrowth." It was the first time I had heard of either things. I loved the video so much, I started following Overgrowth closely through youtube and anywhere else I could find it. I still watch Nerdcubed, but as soon as I could, I bought Overgrowth and I love it! :D

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Sat May 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, I found out about overgrowth about a year or so back. This was when the yogscast (bluexephos on youtube) did an art assets overview for it. I didn't immediately buy it. I watched the alpha changelog videos often, and i finally got intrigued. :D

Strykerius

Post by Strykerius » Sun May 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Watched a Let'sPlay by Nerd³ and thought the movement and combat system looked great, I'm sure you can figure out the rest. XD

dawsonpark

Post by dawsonpark » Sun May 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I found out about overgrowth when I watched a video by NerdCubed and desided to buy the game after watching a video by iDubbbzTV :)

dudeglove

Post by dudeglove » Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Through the gausswerks forum, where the art asset guy posts fairly regularly.

JonJon

Post by JonJon » Sat May 25, 2013 12:33 pm

I was searching on youtube for parkour games (Cause thats what i felt like) and i saw this overgrowth video 30 minutes later i bought the preorder, and i dont regret it a bit! Gj! (The game crashes sometimes though but thats not the post to discuss that over) :D

Beelzebub's Tail

Post by Beelzebub's Tail » Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I also found it on Nerd³
(videos droppin from above like bird poo)

xEchoo

Post by xEchoo » Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 am

I had found Receiver on Steam and heard the mention of a preorder for Overgrowth in one of the videos that was shown on the Steam page so I thought to myself "Well this game looks pretty good I wonder what this Overgrowth thing is." I hoped onto the website and instantly fell in love with game, the next day I preordered it and watched many of the development videos on the Wolfire YouTube channel... that was a good day.

WarTuga

Post by WarTuga » Thu May 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Youtube

Psidra

Post by Psidra » Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 am

Youtube. ._. Probably not what other people linked to it from though. No, Not Yogscast or NerdCubed.