What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
CraZ3lmo

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by CraZ3lmo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 am

I really want to see some special, cinematic finishing moves for the last (or if in right position) enemy. that would give the game a more intense and awesome fighting game! :D

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Threading for multi-core processors (if this is even within reason - i've got no idea)

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

I think a "cowardice" parameter for characters would be cool.

Currently, when an enemy gets low on health, he'll run to his nearest teammate for help. Perhaps putting the cowardice parameter at 0 would cause an enemy to fight to the death. Or putting it at 10 would cause an enemy to run away when he's only at half health.

Currently if I don't want enemies to run to their teammates I have to put them all on separate teams, which will cause them to fight each other if I get them close enough.

TheCGMaximum

Post by TheCGMaximum » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Yestin wrote:I really want spears to be thrown like spears.
I second this! This coming from a guy who is crazy about weapons hates the fact that the spear flies around like it's drunk...a spear wouldn't even fly like that if thrown anyways. If this was FIXED this could be a legit ranged weapon for taking out sentries and such.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:50 pm

TheCGMaximum wrote:
Yestin wrote:I really want spears to be thrown like spears.
I second this! This coming from a guy who is crazy about weapons hates the fact that the spear flies around like it's drunk...a spear wouldn't even fly like that if thrown anyways. If this was FIXED this could be a legit ranged weapon for taking out sentries and such.
It flies like a dagger, because the devs have only made dagger throwing. The spears are thrown the same way, because that's the only way they can be thrown, at the moment.

Cat_Fuzz

Post by Cat_Fuzz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

Even though it's been stated that this probably won't happen, I would love this game to be more open-ended than Lugaru was, maybe a cross between open world and linear, like Jak and Daxter was.

I really like the idea that there may be towns and such along the way were you can purchase or get weapons and armour and other bits from before you go out into the wilderness to perform tasks for other creatures, with a plot that slowly builds as you advance further into the world.

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 am

A few things I'd like to see that would make the game a lot more fun right away, as well as some pony requests at the end.

-Nerf the leg cannon. Right now it's a one-hit-kill on pretty much every enemy and I find myself defaulting to it way too easily.

-Lower the time you have to recover from being knocked down by rolling. You have something like a second of sliding on the ground before you can no longer recover, and it looks weird and makes long fights too easy.

-Conversely, I'd like to see the amount of time you have to successfully block be longer. It's on a hair trigger right now and next to impossible to do while trying to attack as well. Of course, if the amount of time you have to block is determined entirely by how long it takes for enemy attacks to connect, this might not be a fixable issue.

-Similarly, the length of time you have to reverse a grapple is too low.

-I'd like for some surfaces to be less slippery on an incline than others. So, on grass, you start automatically walking down the incline at, say, 30 degrees, while with coarse rocks you can stand on it up to 45 degrees.

Finally, the pony requests are mostly ones that have already been mentioned: spear throwing, blood from mouth and face (without the mod), and finally, some open world elements.

The open world thing could work well as a directed hub format, where you have to go to specific places to advance the story, but could otherwise move freely. Or, there could be certain interstitial levels that are much bigger than others. Although I suspect that given the level-based format of the game so far, that would be a very difficult thing to make work. But, those are the ponies I want.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 am

Nice post, but what exactly do you mean by pony? Things? Impossible things? Friendly things?

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 am

Oh, heh, sorry. It's like that stereotype of the little girl saying "I want a pony for my birthday!" Something you really, really want, but probably will never get unless a lot of money is involved.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

cthuljew wrote:Oh, heh, sorry. It's like that stereotype of the little girl saying "I want a pony for my birthday!" Something you really, really want, but probably will never get unless a lot of money is involved.
Okay. Understandable. I thought it might have been some new weirdness adopted by the My Little Pony community. Another forum I frequent has these posters who randomly write "somepony", "anypony" etc.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:29 am

I would like for the AI to not have an unrelenting weapon radar. If unarmed, and NPC will run towards any weapon they come in range with, whether they see it or not. Its bewildering to throw a knife at a bunny, just to have him run after it as soon as it leaves your fingers. That actually gives me an idea... To the Editor! (Cue transition scene)

*Edit*

Yay, It worked!

Broodyr

Post by Broodyr » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I was thinking armor might add another layer of realism to the game. You may be able to pick it up off the ground like a weapon, and it will cover a certain portion of your body (eg., wrists, shins, chest), and can take an amount of abuse before breaking/cracking in certain areas (or entirely falling off), where you will become vulnerable again. It could also help make 1vX fights fairer.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:52 am

There have been some armor ideas mentioned earlier.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/08/armor-t ... vergrowth/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQTiLpz ... ded#t=137s
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/04/Sword-Breaker
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/03/Drop-the-hammer

They've also shown that it's possible to have modular equipment, that is, characters wearing separate models on them.
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/11/Modular-characters

arenter

Post by arenter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 am

for blood to come from a heavy hit on a wall or something :D

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 am

Couple more things I'd love to see in future releases.

- Sticky edges. That is, when you run towards the edge of a ledge, it slows you down slightly before you fall over it, and stops you falling at all if you don't keep hitting the run button. I imagine this could be done relatively easily (but what do I know?).

- Banner physics. This is obviously something a lot more demanding, but it would be awesome if there was cloth physics for the banners in the game, such that you could jump through them (like foliage, maybe?) and grab them the climb up walls.