What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
JackEagles17

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by JackEagles17 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:02 pm

The "Bunny Run" From Lugaru. Don't know why it wasn't here already. It was brilliant!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 pm

JackEagles17 wrote:The "Bunny Run" From Lugaru. Don't know why it wasn't here already. It was brilliant!
I do suppose you mean the "animal run", of which you run on your front paws and tackle a nearby enemy.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:32 pm

JackEagles17 wrote:The "Bunny Run" From Lugaru. Don't know why it wasn't here already. It was brilliant!
I do suppose you mean the "animal run", of which you run on your front paws and tackle a nearby enemy.

nomuse

Post by nomuse » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:00 pm

A tweak to the "sentry" attack --

Choke hold should count as "stun" the same way a blow does. More satisfying to do a Batman finish; hold the sentry until he starts to black out, then drop him with a knee.

Man, does talking about this make you sound a little sociopathic or what!

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Changeable jump height in character parameters and rigging tool implanted back because I want to make rabbits dance!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm

latranchedepain wrote:Changeable jump height in character parameters and rigging tool implanted back because I want to make rabbits dance!
The rigging tool will not be coming back. You can use blender to make things dance.

Jump height would be a good thing to have as a parameter.

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Anton wrote:The rigging tool will not be coming back. You can use blender to make things dance.
I guess I'll deal with it..
Anton wrote:Jump height would be a good thing to have as a parameter.
Yeah. I just want to help the human character mods because the rabbit's jump height is just over powered.
But it'll be fun too to increase it! xD

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

latranchedepain wrote:Yeah. I just want to help the human character mods because the rabbit's jump height is just over powered.
But it'll be fun too to increase it! xD
It'll also be fun to decrease it.
And maybe include a horizontal jump parameter, to change the speed of horizontal velocity when you jump, so when you jump, you bounce off the ground and go backwards into the air.

bComplete

Post by bComplete » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 am

Either the control ability to specifically punch or kick. OR. . . More armor/accessories to equip and im not sure if the armor is purely aesthetic or if it'll later actually have defensive purpose but I hope it'll block weapons a couple extra times before you die if anything. If weapon play can be balanced for a longer lasting fight that would be priiiiiiiiiime. I love the realism but sometimes I wish myself or the computer wouldn't die in.. 2-4 hits, and 1-2 hits with weapon

JackEagles17

Post by JackEagles17 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Yes I did mean that "animal run", I thought it was a fantastic addition to Lugaru and should definitely make its presence known in overgrowth

JackEagles17

Post by JackEagles17 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

Either the control ability to specifically punch or kick. OR. . . More armor/accessories to equip and im not sure if the armor is purely aesthetic or if it'll later actually have defensive purpose but I hope it'll block weapons a couple extra times before you die if anything. If weapon play can be balanced for a longer lasting fight that would be priiiiiiiiiime. I love the realism but sometimes I wish myself or the computer wouldn't die in.. 2-4 hits, and 1-2 hits with weapon
I agree completely with all of this, particularly the punch/kick separation.

This game still has a long way to go, but it's incredibly promising

haggalais

Post by haggalais » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 am

i would like to see them fix when you ragdoll like say you are doing a parkour blalance test or something and your feet are all the way off of what your standing on i wish you would just fall offand ragdoll to the ground or roll is there a way for that to be done almost like a balance system or something

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 am

haggalais wrote:i would like to see them fix when you ragdoll like say you are doing a parkour blalance test or something and your feet are all the way off of what your standing on i wish you would just fall offand ragdoll to the ground or roll is there a way for that to be done almost like a balance system or something
I don't know what keyboard you are using, but I'm pretty sure that it has keys for punctuation.

To your point: the problem with that is that you don't control where exactly the feet of your character are. You control your character's position. That's it. Incorporating something that is a lot less forgiving than what you can control can only result in moments of frustration.
The obvious solution would be to change the visual feedback. The feet automatically move to a point where they have contact with whatever you are standing on and the posture changes to sell that the character is in balance. Obviously, that would be purely visual with no real change for the player.
I have no idea how a more complicated solution for this "issue" could look like that wouldn't be strange.

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 am

Timbles wrote:It'll also be fun to decrease it.
And maybe include a horizontal jump parameter, to change the speed of horizontal velocity when you jump, so when you jump, you bounce off the ground and go backwards into the air.
The horizontal jump velocity is already in-game, it's the Movement Speed.
Oh yeah, one precision (it may be hard to realize, no?): I noticed the jump height is equal to the height you can attain by running on walls, so I'd like the jump height "future" parameter to affect JUST the jump height and not the attainable height of wall runs (so you see, making 2 parameters for height would be awsome).

-> Another thing: I noticed too that changing the size of the spawn box does not affect the character. Is that possible to make this possible or just add a NEW parameter (parameters window will blow up)

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

As a few people have said, it would be cool to see the parkour system become more advanced.

I'd also like to see a more advanced choke-hold. Instead of quickly letting go and snapping the other rabbit's back, I would like to see something more brutal, like grabbing his throat and repeatedly punch him in the face or smash his head into the ground, as someone has said already. As for the armed version, where you slit his throat, I think that is fine.

If you visit my Suggestions thread, you will see some other things I would like.