Unofficial, alpha 24 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Johannes

Re: Unofficial, alpha 24 weekly build

Post by Johannes » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 pm

tomascokis wrote:@ jo-shadow, I've got the same macbook pro model, but I can't get into rabbot mode, even after deleting all the stuff in the terminal. Are there some more specific instructions on doing this?
Hmm, have you tried just renaming the folder /Data/webkit-console/ As something different? It should work then. You'll know you did it right when pressing ` does not bring up the console anymore.

Which tier is yours? I have the 2.53 GHz model with the Nvidia 9600M GT with 512MB Vram.

It could also really just be only my computer, i've been having other issues though mostly when running windows so I don't know yet if it's hardware or driver related. It could just be that I have a buggy sound card.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:35 am

I've got the 17 inch with GeForce 8600M GT @512 vram, and the 2.5gh processor, its the one that was released early 2008, around march.

Thats /Data/UI/webkit-console to you!

Yeah, there's definitely something very wrong with it. I do not recommend anybody else tries this.

The punching sound was pretty 'crackled' and after around 10 punches there was a bang and the volume was disabled system wide. None of this was very loud though, pretty much within the volume I expected the sound to be. Upon quiting overgrowth there was another two pops and the volume was working again - no restart required.

It sounds like david already has the fix but I would like to note that the volume didn't get louder and it didn't go anywhere near the upper limit of my speakers.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

tomascokis wrote:I've got the 17 inch with GeForce 8600M GT @512 vram, and the 2.5gh processor, its the one that was released early 2008, around march.

Thats /Data/UI/webkit-console to you!

Yeah, there's definitely something very wrong with it. I do not recommend anybody else tries this.

The punching sound was pretty 'crackled' and after around 10 punches there was a bang and the volume was disabled system wide. None of this was very loud though, pretty much within the volume I expected the sound to be. Upon quiting overgrowth there was another two pops and the volume was working again - no restart required.

It sounds like david already has the fix but I would like to note that the volume didn't get louder and it didn't go anywhere near the upper limit of my speakers.
Try it with headphones. My Internal speakers never played back the sound very loudly, but were disabled quickly as well. If you have some ipod/iphone headphones lying around that would be ideal.

However it is interesting that earlier models also seem to have this issue. Thanks for testing it out.