What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Endoperez

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Endoperez » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 am

Sure, it's so realistic.

Animals are known for having a pair of huge boobs that look just like humans'.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 am

Exactly!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:10 am

Now Endo's coloring his text?

drako125

Post by drako125 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 am

Cammeh wrote:If any of you are familiar with SOS (One of David's earlier games). It would be awesome if they were to add the ability to swipe at a animal's leg enough times to break his leg,ankle,knee and have him limp around. You would also be able to break his arms, when you get to the point where he is fully on the ground, unable to move, you take out your weapon and stab him :twisted: if unarmed just step on his head or something (Kind of like Lugaru).

Oh yeah, Squirrels.
P.S. I do not want the enemies to crawl creepily towards me like they did in SOS, thank you for those beautiful nightmares, David.
Where can I find Sos? I kinda wanna play it now :mrgreen:

drako125

Post by drako125 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 am

sandcrab wrote:First time posting since i bought the game. But I would like to see Armor. I've sketched some ideas and seen the official art for a rabbit in full plate, I would LOVE to see that in game. To be fair however i have a slight over fascination with armor.
That some other culture weapons.
Like some other cat weapons some wolf gear or something, I assume wolves would use some primal gear seeing as how they are less cultured than the rabbits and cats so Cestas and weapons like that sound right.
But mostly the armor. And not exactly for the next build but as a long term goal possibly able to clothe and armor characters individually so you can customize not just color but what pants you want to have on with what top so fourth an so on. and also maybe cloaks. I know that's reaching but i love me some capes.
Plus think about a small group of fully armored plate mail rabbits with hammers and swords running at a group of wolves. Capes blowing in the wind...Sorry :lol: but anyway thats one thing i want to see.
Having a cloak would be cool

drako125

Post by drako125 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 am

sandcrab wrote:First time posting since i bought the game. But I would like to see Armor. I've sketched some ideas and seen the official art for a rabbit in full plate, I would LOVE to see that in game. To be fair however i have a slight over fascination with armor.
That some other culture weapons.
Like some other cat weapons some wolf gear or something, I assume wolves would use some primal gear seeing as how they are less cultured than the rabbits and cats so Cestas and weapons like that sound right.
But mostly the armor. And not exactly for the next build but as a long term goal possibly able to clothe and armor characters individually so you can customize not just color but what pants you want to have on with what top so fourth an so on. and also maybe cloaks. I know that's reaching but i love me some capes.
Plus think about a small group of fully armored plate mail rabbits with hammers and swords running at a group of wolves. Capes blowing in the wind...Sorry :lol: but anyway thats one thing i want to see.
Having a cloak would be cool

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 am

Timbles wrote:Now Endo's coloring his text?
It's meant to mark irony or sarcasm, because those two don't translate well over the internet. AFAIK it's only used in one forum on the whole internet, though.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 pm

You kidding me? That was the best translation ever!

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 am

I'd like a jump height parameter and a character size parameter.
Oh and, is it possible to make NOT random the male/female choice for character switch "2"?
And why do we have the raider rabbit in the character switch "1"??

Edit: it would be SO freggin awesome to implant a LAN system. My bro and I bought the game and we want to play to gether without using only one computer.

last

Post by last » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:32 am

latranchedepain wrote:I'd like a jump height parameter and a character size parameter.
Oh and, is it possible to make NOT random the male/female choice for character switch "2"?
And why do we have the raider rabbit in the character switch "1"??
Only the character size parameter is impossible to mod right now, other things i quoted are quite easy to do for modder.
So learn to mod by opening up aschar.as file with notepad and read it like book :wink:
Then make all the necessary changes and voila, you have successfully created a mod when you run the game and don't get any error messages :lol:

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks.

Oh and about the sky editor: how can I change the sky texture and how can I set time to night instead of being in the daylight? I wanna do a map (Red Shards v2: night)

last

Post by last » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 pm

latranchedepain wrote:Thanks.

Oh and about the sky editor: how can I change the sky texture and how can I set time to night instead of being in the daylight? I wanna do a map (Red Shards v2: night)
Here is a nice tutorial about how to create your first map.
In the chapter 2.3 you can find some info about The sky and how to change some parameters from there.
Sadly i can see that there isn't anything about shader that the level will use and how to change it.
Oh what the hell i can talk about this in here also.
When you have opened up your level .xml file then you should see there <Shader>post</Shader>
Or <Shader>post_night</Shader> All you have to do to change from daytime to nighttime is change post into post_night and it should work perfectly.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 pm

What he said. For clarity's sake, I'll just add that the post refers to post-production effect shaders, like in this 4-year-old video.

Jiik

Post by Jiik » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:51 am

Smarter Stealth Mechanics, and a fix for the flailing corpse glitch when choking someone

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Jiik wrote:Smarter Stealth Mechanics
Thanks for the clear feedback.
I'm sure Wolfire will now send their stealth mechanics to class on a regular basis.

and a fix for the flailing corpse glitch when choking someone
Never heard of that one.