Unofficial Overgrowth a181, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
deyur

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a181, weekly build

Post by deyur » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Schmogel wrote:Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? While trying to install under Ubuntu 12.04 I get the following error, already being 3/4 through the installing process.
http://imgur.com/c9aKa
(Translation: "No more disc space available on this device.")
Weird, every partition has at least >50Gb left.
Same for a180, btw.
I'm not a linux user, but I think I saw somebody mention this recently on IRC. If it's the same thing, then the problem is that /tmp isn't able to hold all of the installation files. I think the suggested solution was to manually set something else as a tmp dir for the installation (maybe linux users would know more about this).

EDIT: Also, I too am experiencing the issue where loading levels causes Overgrowth to hang (using a181 + the path spacing fixed exe. This was my first time trying the game, so I tried a fresh install of a180, and I can verify that I can play successfully in a180, but not a181.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Hey guys, I botched the Windows installer (it is using Data files from a180). I will have a new version later tonight.

Zetsumeii

Post by Zetsumeii » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks Jeff!

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:07 pm

sweet thanks.

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Anton wrote: The reason it cannot run that process is because there is a space in the path to your application, not because the file is corrupt. David posted a fix here. You should replace your Overgrowth.exe file with the one he links to, and that should solve your problem.
I tried the path space fix and it stiII doesnt work for me :(

Undeadstab

Post by Undeadstab » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 pm

I just went back to 180. The error scared me, I thought my computer couldn't run the game but good thing it does; the game is awesome!

Dead_EyeQ

Post by Dead_EyeQ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 am

Hello. i just downloaded the game and SUMlauncher but when i try to run the game "Launch overgrowth" it opens up and says "Creating OS Process" and does nothing. can any one help? thank you for your time

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 am

Dead_EyeQ wrote:Hello. i just downloaded the game and SUMlauncher but when i try to run the game "Launch overgrowth" it opens up and says "Creating OS Process" and does nothing. can any one help? thank you for your time
There are several such issues. Please check the whole thead. Thankyou

Xhazors

Post by Xhazors » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

Just bought the game, doesn't work.. Kinda sucks :?

Hope you can fix the problem Jeff!!

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 am

Another idea, Correct me if im wrong.
When i double clicked overgrowthworker.exe it said "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

Now idk what this application log is, but i know that mine, and everyone else's who has used SUM downloader's overgrowthworker.exe file is corrupt.

Sticking to my earlier suggestion, i think the file itself is corrupt and since people who have used the torrent link to download 181 say it works, i think its the file which is corrupt and is stopping the "creating OS process".

So even if i am wrong, and its no use, can someone who downloaded 181 via torrent please upload a copy of his OvergrowthWorker.exe file?

Much appreciated.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 am

well Davids fix did fix he "creating OS process" problem, but now when i load a map, overgrowth crashes :|

Edit: fixed it by downloading the exe from 180

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 am

Xhazors wrote:Just bought the game, doesn't work.. Kinda sucks :?

Hope you can fix the problem Jeff!!
Just a reminder, not to pick on you personally, but we all have preordered the game, when it comes out. With the preorder, you also get access to try out the testing phases of the game as well, before it comes out. Testing means that sometimes they'll work nice enough to play well, sometimes they'll break horribly. Version 181 happens to be one of those times. You could get the 180 version by looking for its own thread with links for it, which worked okay for most people, or you can wait until either 181 gets fixed or when 182 comes out.

It sucks that 181 didn't work for Win people, but there's other choices, and remember that most games at this point you'd be lucky to get a few screenshots if anything, preorder or not.

Schmogel

Post by Schmogel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 am

deyur wrote:
Schmogel wrote:Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? While trying to install under Ubuntu 12.04 I get the following error, already being 3/4 through the installing process.
http://imgur.com/c9aKa
(Translation: "No more disc space available on this device.")
Weird, every partition has at least >50Gb left.
Same for a180, btw.
I'm not a linux user, but I think I saw somebody mention this recently on IRC. If it's the same thing, then the problem is that /tmp isn't able to hold all of the installation files. I think the suggested solution was to manually set something else as a tmp dir for the installation (maybe linux users would know more about this).
Wow that might be the case for me as my /tmp is on a ramdisk... Thanks! haven't thought of this..

edit1: After starting the installation the space in /tmp drops from 4.1 to 2.4 Gb, it contains the whole installer now it seems. Then it extracts the installation files which causes /tmp to overflow pretty fast.
edit2: After manually increasing the available ramdisc space to 8Gb it doesn't give this error anymore. First time really needing my SWAP, lol. I had to install one missing package, libjep62. Now it's building the package Overgrowth in temp.... Aaaaaand I'm hitting the limit again, fuck. Somehow it still managed to install, at least it says "Installation of Overgrowth complete!".

And it didn't register, is this normal? "Registrated No (Failed)"
But it seems to run. Thanks for your help again!

edit3: Ok, it runs, but uuuuh looks like this: http://imgur.com/oREYr
Last edited by Schmogel on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

last

Post by last » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 am

Today i got a e-mail back from [email protected] with a test fix. I did test this and it seems that this might solve the problems with "creating OS process" and also there seems to be a problem when loading level where are environment objects in it Edit: are now gone.
So i asked Ninjas that can i upload this new .exe file here so you guys can test this out and he said that this sounds good.
so this is straight from the e-mail i got
FogBugz [email protected]
Thanks for the report! Would you mind trying again using this build? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/A181test2.zip I don't think it will help, but I don't have the symbols for that last fix, so I can't inspect the dmp file.
--
Wolfire - FogBugz
Last edited by last on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 am

last wrote:Today i got a e-mail back from [email protected] with a test fix. I did test this and it seems that this might solve the problems with "creating OS process" and also there seems to be a problem when loading level where are environment objects in it.
So i asked Ninjas that can i upload this new .exe file here so you guys can test this out and he said that this sounds good.
so this is straight from the e-mail i got
FogBugz [email protected]
Thanks for the report! Would you mind trying again using this build? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/A181test2.zip I don't think it will help, but I don't have the symbols for that last fix, so I can't inspect the dmp file.
--
Wolfire - FogBugz
good fix thanks.