What announcement would make you so happy?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
njlash

Re: What announcement would make you so happy?

Post by njlash » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 am

Support for :lol: Intel GMA950 :lol:

Pete Hawk

Post by Pete Hawk » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 am

I think water is not important. maybe a simple plane with reflective material. It just takes up the CPU to have full swim-able, realistic water.

Id like them to focus more on the fighting. Maybe some usable weapons? Throwing weapons? Maybe a bit of blood (I'm sure that's coming anyway). The cracking of the wall when you hit it (Again another thing that's coming). A counter to Grabbing?

Pablopa99

Post by Pablopa99 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 pm

REVERSALS!

Wabbafoobnog

Post by Wabbafoobnog » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Whale Man! And more weird encounters! And slo-mo kil moves for giant things such as whale man!

Heavy420

Post by Heavy420 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 am

Online multiplayer, sprint mechanic, cover system, and fully finished parkour system that would make Prince of Persia Jealous.

Eventually.

Maybe.

Heavy420

Post by Heavy420 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:05 am

Wabbafoobnog wrote:Whale Man! And more weird encounters! And slo-mo kil moves for giant things such as whale man!

You cannot kill the whaleman, fool.

Heavy420

Post by Heavy420 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:20 am

Pete Hawk wrote:I think water is not important. maybe a simple plane with reflective material. It just takes up the CPU to have full swim-able, realistic water.

Id like them to focus more on the fighting. Maybe some usable weapons? Throwing weapons? Maybe a bit of blood (I'm sure that's coming anyway). The cracking of the wall when you hit it (Again another thing that's coming). A counter to Grabbing?
You don't think it'd be cool to swim up behind an enemy standing by the shore of a lake, gazing off into the distance, wondering how long until he go back to his family, regretting joining the army in the first place to take down the invisible renegade...

When BAM! You go all Sam Fisher on that bitch and drag him into the water, hands on his nostrils and mouth until he goes limp in your arms and you let him sink to the bottom of the lake, his body to not be discovered for a hundred years?

Bruce Campbell

Post by Bruce Campbell » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 am

Arena Multiplayer Mode for sure, duel mode for play against friends. My dream is something like street fighter. Overgrowth Fighter 4 :lol:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 am

Heavy420 wrote:You don't think it'd be cool to swim up behind an enemy standing by the shore of a lake, gazing off into the distance, wondering how long until he go back to his family, regretting joining the army in the first place to take down the invisible renegade...

When BAM! You go all Sam Fisher on that bitch and drag him into the water, hands on his nostrils and mouth until he goes limp in your arms and you let him sink to the bottom of the lake, his body to not be discovered for a hundred years?
Two points.

One, the game won't do artificial family situations like that.

Two, do that to a wolf, dog or cat and you'll lose your fingers.

esszach

Post by esszach » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:31 pm

release

Surfer Dude

Post by Surfer Dude » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Some stealth aspects would be fantastic. For example, sneaking into Cat Territory and eliminating a particular character. Different methods of doing this would be great too, i.e. go in guns (or paws) blazing or use parkour to infiltrate the base and corner the victim, then sneaking back out. 8)

Starkiller2000

Post by Starkiller2000 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:26 pm

I know they are going to add this eventually anyway but i would really like to see usable weapons and the ability to set waypoints for enemies so they can patrol. also i would like the enemy AI to be able to jump onto buildings.

admalledd

Post by admalledd » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:06 pm

the announcements that i would like to hear are:
1: release of the linux alpha, because i cant play any more! (used to be able to play in WINE)
2:co-op, two people working together on the same campaign. even if the main story doesn't have this, support for fan made campaigns to have co-op.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:19 am

The Odd One wrote:Realistic water, that would make me happy.
Thats what i wanted to say!

Pete Hawk

Post by Pete Hawk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Heavy420 wrote:
Pete Hawk wrote:I think water is not important. maybe a simple plane with reflective material. It just takes up the CPU to have full swim-able, realistic water.
You don't think it'd be cool to swim up behind an enemy standing by the shore of a lake, gazing off into the distance, wondering how long until he go back to his family, regretting joining the army in the first place to take down the invisible renegade...

Urm...I'm more of a Solid Snake fan
And no I don't think it would be cool. I've played to much of sneaking games and I'm just bored of that scenario.
Adding quality water to a game is just going to slow down computers, and if you don't really need it then use something basic to symbolize water. Plus cats and rabbits are going to have a major disadvantage with water. And I've never known ninjas to use water as their hiding place.