Help with Editor : duplicate ?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
( Tchey )

Help with Editor : duplicate ?

Post by ( Tchey ) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 am

Hi there,

I'm a novice in editor mode, i've never really played with such tools in any game. Here i try to learn, but the wiki is not very helpfull, with lots of blank pages.

The basic seems ok (LMB, RMB, Shift, Ctrl, free or grid...) but i don't understand something : how to duplicate an object, in order to make pillar, road, wall... without having to place every little bloc one by one pixel per pixel so it's aligned ? Wiki says "hold Option and Shift, which will duplicate the object". What is "Option" (azerty french keyboard, PC with Windows 7) ?

Thanks.

Disco Science

Re: Help with Editor : duplicate ?

Post by Disco Science » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 am

I haven't tried it myself, but I think the Windows equivalent to the Option key is usually the Alt key.

Rovert

Re: Help with Editor : duplicate ?

Post by Rovert » Sun May 01, 2011 10:09 am

You can copy/paste items by selecting the item (or group of items) and CTRL+C to copy them then CTRL+P to paste them wherever your mouse cursor is in the editor. And instead of making a road bit by bit using the small default-sized blocks, there's also a scale tool that lets you increase the overall size of anything. So you could make your road pieces slightly larger in size, make a road segment, group that segment, and copy the group to make road building much faster.