Unofficial Overgrowth a137, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
David
Project Leader

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a137, weekly build

Post by David » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Garmoth wrote:I've downloaded multiple of these updates, and they just do not work on windows...I have downloaded nvtt.dll, and 2 other random files that a buddy helped me set up. But I am not going to do this for the next million files it says I am missing, because there appear to be a lot. What are we supposed to do??
Sorry it's not working! You shouldn't have to download any dlls separately. Did the initial download work, and it's just updates that aren't working? If the initial download didn't work, then it's likely that the download didn't complete successfully.
Im having a problem. I cant eguip the weapons even though i try pressing everything D:
Ariehl's solution should be correct: the new key definitions are in the defaults.txt file, but it is probably loading your write-dir config.txt which has no key definitions. You can copy them over manually for now, but I will make it work automatically in the next alpha.
Will there ever be Linux support?
Yes, we're still working on making that happen!

MinorThreat

Post by MinorThreat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Is there a way to activate slowmo when you kill someone with weapons, the same way as you do with hand to hand combat?

EditReality

Post by EditReality » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

ariehl wrote:
Gordonchiefsack wrote:Im having a problem. I cant eguip the weapons even though i try pressing everything D:
If you have updated from an old version of Overgrowth, your config file is probably out of date. You need to delete your current config file, and have it recreated from the new defaults.

Delete "config.txt" from the following location:

On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru 2/Data/config.txt
On Windows: Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/config.txt
On Linux: N/A (yet :( )

Then when you relaunch Overgrowth, the updated config file will be re-created.

If you want to, you can manually update the config file by adding the following lines:
key[item]: e
key[drop]: q

they should be added below the line: key[down]: s
^Hero man. Thank you. Anyone else who is having this problem follow this. I put it in myself rather than recreate, so I confirm this works.

jaedream

Post by jaedream » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:15 pm

still doesn't work for me

chadista

Post by chadista » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Aw, too bad you fixed the steep slope super jump. I had built a slightly sadistical map utilising that glitch, hehe.

Nevertheless, it's good that you're getting rid of glitches. And all the other changes are great!

Already looking foward to a138 :)

CCCode

Post by CCCode » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

The game seems to crash when you spam Q and E to quickly drop and pick up a weapon

Oddmann

Post by Oddmann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

ariehl wrote:
Gordonchiefsack wrote:Im having a problem. I cant eguip the weapons even though i try pressing everything D:
If you have updated from an old version of Overgrowth, your config file is probably out of date. You need to delete your current config file, and have it recreated from the new defaults.

Delete "config.txt" from the following location:

On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru 2/Data/config.txt
On Windows: Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/config.txt
On Linux: N/A (yet :( )

Then when you relaunch Overgrowth, the updated config file will be re-created.

thanks mate

If you want to, you can manually update the config file by adding the following lines:

they should be added below the line: key[down]: s

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Ariehl's fix doesn't seem to work for me. Both my config.txt and my defaults.txt have the

but it still doesn't allow me to pick up weapons.

Edit: It also doesn't seem to recreate the config.txt when I restart OG.

jaedream

Post by jaedream » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 am

TheBigCheese wrote:Ariehl's fix doesn't seem to work for me. Both my config.txt and my defaults.txt have the

but it still doesn't allow me to pick up weapons.

Edit: It also doesn't seem to recreate the config.txt when I restart OG.
we have the same problems

crazyjackal

Post by crazyjackal » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 am

I've seen it mentioned but I'd like to reiterate the point that you could bind both the equip and unequip function to one key. Simply put, When E is pressed AND character is unequipped, pick up item. When E is pressed AND character is equipped, drop item.

This would free up Q for other functions possibly for Block and Grab Throw as separate buttons.

Also I don't know if I should be mentioning this here (or elsewhere) but considering you have put sharpness models on your weapons and I keep seeing the word "throw" tossed around (even though it's related to the martial arts move), I was wondering if the developers intended to put a weapon throw mechanic in the game. I watched a Lugaru HD video where he threw his knife at an enemy and considering you put sharpness models on weapons in OG so that they penetrate and stick in objects, I would have expected this mechanic to be already planned for final release.

It would be awesome to throw spears 'straight' at opponents and have it stuck in them or throw swords/knifes 'spinning' at opponents and it slashing them. You could also probably implement a fake gravity effect on weapon projectiles by stating the weapon translates in the Y axis by -x amount as it travels on the XZ plane for y distance unless it hits a surface at which point, it may or may not get stuck in it (just like it does now in OG when you drop a weapon from height - whether it penetrates and gets stuck in the ground depends on the angle it hits the ground).

Molotov_Nick

Post by Molotov_Nick » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:05 am

Where do i download the inital game?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 am

Molotov_Nick wrote:Where do i download the inital game?
On the first post of this thread... where it says:

Jeff wrote: To download the alpha, use one of these links:

Win: New! Test out this new geographically located server: special server test
S3 fallback fast EU mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 223be67967e919c1c6dd31d68b45d7e7

Mac: New! Test out this new geographically located server: special server test
S3 fallback fast EU mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = e096ecdb969465486a918fed99e0b026

Skache

Post by Skache » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:44 am

After trying out the weapons for the first time in this alpha (yeah I know, they were already implemented before) I wondered if theres going to be any kind of dismemberment or animated injuries beside the blood.
I think it already looks pretty gruesome when you slaughter your enemies down (overpowered?) but it's kinda strange that they doesn't suffer any visible damage.

h0lm

Post by h0lm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 am

What magic must I do, to enable blood?
Can't find anything in the config except post_effects which just creates blue dust from the ground ?? :D

Also, I could really use an FPS cap. I have stable ~300fps on all maps, and my graphics card is getting too hot from rendering all those useless frames. Only need 120

CCCode

Post by CCCode » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

h0lm wrote:What magic must I do, to enable blood?
Can't find anything in the config except post_effects which just creates blue dust from the ground ?? :D

Also, I could really use an FPS cap. I have stable ~300fps on all maps, and my graphics card is getting too hot from rendering all those useless frames. Only need 120
Have you tried enabling vsync?