Escape Custom Map (Pre-Release)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jacktheawesome

Escape Custom Map (Pre-Release)

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Hey, you guys know I don't generally do this, but I've been posting maps fairly regularly, so I thought I'd let you guys know I haven't disappeared. However, due to the complexity of this map, and the distractions of the bundle games (Hammerfight and Braid are my favorites so far :) ), I will probably not finish this one for a while, at least another couple weeks. Without further ado, I announce:
Escape
Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 5.22.11 PM.png
In this map, you find yourself in a dank prison pit, with one other ragged captive. You have no idea where you are, or even the size of your prison. You must escape the structure with your life.

I cannot give an estimation on the difficulty of this map, but I can tell you that this will be by far my biggest project to date; it will feature Parkour, maze, and combat elements. In addition, I will incorporate more of an aesthetic into this map. Don't expect a Hale, but it will be prettier and more involving than my previous crete-wood-and-air maps.

If it ends up taking a really long time, and there are no new maps, I may put it aside and spend a couple hours putting out a quick map, like Suspension, that doesn't require as much construction. I know last is almost finished with his awesome looking custom map, and I hope to see some other forumites test their mapping skills (hint hint) :D Hope to see you all soon :)

alpineodin

Re: Escape Custom Map (Pre-Release)

Post by alpineodin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 pm

look awesome, i will dl it, i was wondering are you able to make a empty map yet? i dont like the size of the premade one because the size makes my game run at like 8 fps if i move.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 am

Thanks, good to know :)
Unfortunately, no. Perhaps if someone who knew the engine (or at least rudimentary programming) went at it, they could, but there certainly is no easy way, like there is for adding objects to a map. Perhaps the IRC might help.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Looks badass.

Starkiller2000

Post by Starkiller2000 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Looks awesome! Do you have any kind of expected release date for the map?

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks guys! Uuuuuuuuueeeeehhhhhrrrrr....no. No release date. It's a lot of blocky blocky rotaty, which hurts my brain :? I want to play it too though, so it will be finished! :D

Flare

Post by Flare » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:26 am

This looks really cool, hope to see released soon :)

Dogchief_NL

Post by Dogchief_NL » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:09 pm

And how do you install this?

last

Post by last » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

This map is'nt released jet.
But here is some tips for you
some maps that are in zip or rar files are made so that you open up that file and there you have data folder or levels folder. you just extract it into correct place and you should be ready to play. but there are some maps that have onley map xml file.
So you need to put that map xml file into /data/levels folder or some goes to /data/levels/project60 folder
Now when you run your OG there is a little box under level select menu.
There you need to type in your custom map name (and folder where is it located - onley needed if that level is in /data/levels/project60 folder. example project60/16_red_desert.xml)
and hit load button.

Frozencloud

Post by Frozencloud » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Splendid! If only my pc can stop crashing whenever I try to launch OG ):