[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
GmodLover86

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.4

Post by GmodLover86 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Im new to Overgrowth and I just got the SUMLauncher and started downloding the Menu Mod two days ago and it has not finished. The most it got up to was about 4000 MB when it said it was only going to be 1055 MB so when it hit 4000 MB it started to go back down in negatives -4000 MB and so on. Then it just started going back up and im not sure if somethings wrong with it so if there is a solution please help :!: :!: :!: :evil:

Commonfable

Post by Commonfable » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 am

Hi i am having trouble with file permissions. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled OG on my LInux and now SUMLauncher won't ask to change the permissions. I can't download the menu mod until the permissions are changed.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Commonfable wrote:Hi i am having trouble with file permissions. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled OG on my LInux and now SUMLauncher won't ask to change the permissions. I can't download the menu mod until the permissions are changed.
Hm, this is odd, the SUMLauncher should be checking the folder to make sure it has the proper permissions every time it is run (specifically, it checks to make sure the Overgrowth installation directory is accessible by the current user).

Did you reinstall to a different location? With a different user account?

Commonfable

Post by Commonfable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:05 pm

I got it to check. I tried uninstalling everything again and it worked. Must have been a fluke. Thanks for responding though!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 am

Commonfable wrote:I got it to check. I tried uninstalling everything again and it worked. Must have been a fluke. Thanks for responding though!
Glad to hear you got it working! I'll have to look into it...

Javafant

Post by Javafant » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 pm

What are you're thoughts on open sourcing this application? This could help finding bugs faster and people could learn from the code you wrote.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:59 am

SUMLauncher 2.1.5 Alpha is now available:

Code: Select all

• Fixed potential crash when logging.
• Enlarged the SUM update dialog.
• Added support for Menu Mod relocation.
• Added support for 'live' Menu Mod info (loaded from server).

Marksman46

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.5

Post by Marksman46 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 pm

No work on mac D:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Marksman46 wrote:No work on mac D:
Can you be much more specific? The programmer, and I both run it on Mac, and it works great...

At the very least, we need to know your computer config, and what is happening. Errors? Etc.

Pengwertle

Post by Pengwertle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I get this error while launching the SUMLauncher:

Error loading content length

Then it crashes. Help please?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Pengwertle wrote:I get this error while launching the SUMLauncher:

Error loading content length

Then it crashes. Help please?
Something is most likely blocking the SUMLauncher from accessing the Internet - check out the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post, and see if that helps you out. If not, please let us know!

JorZroX

Post by JorZroX » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 am

just a warning, if you cancel the menu mod updates you run the serious risk of the rest of the levels not working after that (even after 'apparently' updating again after the cancellation). this is from my experience anyway :P

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 am

JorZroX wrote:just a warning, if you cancel the menu mod updates you run the serious risk of the rest of the levels not working after that (even after 'apparently' updating again after the cancellation). this is from my experience anyway :P
Can you be specific about which levels were not working once you updated again? There are some issues that I may be able to help you solve. As long as you let the menu mod finish updating, you should have the necessary files to run most of the levels.

There have been a few maps that have broken because of changes to the game. I've fixed a few of those this week. There are also some files that are missing in the PC installer, so I'm trying to add those in as well. Please let me know details, and I'll gladly help you get things working.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Anton wrote:
JorZroX wrote:just a warning, if you cancel the menu mod updates you run the serious risk of the rest of the levels not working after that (even after 'apparently' updating again after the cancellation). this is from my experience anyway :P
Can you be specific about which levels were not working once you updated again? There are some issues that I may be able to help you solve. As long as you let the menu mod finish updating, you should have the necessary files to run most of the levels.

There have been a few maps that have broken because of changes to the game. I've fixed a few of those this week. There are also some files that are missing in the PC installer, so I'm trying to add those in as well. Please let me know details, and I'll gladly help you get things working.
Actually, he said "If you cancel the menu mod updates", therefore this is an expected problem, isn't it?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Shadow207B2 wrote:
Anton wrote:

Actually, he said "If you cancel the menu mod updates", therefore this is an expected problem, isn't it?
If you cancel the menu mod, it finishes the file it's working on, and then stops. It's possible that if you don't update after that, there could be missing files, but he said that he updated after canceling. Everything that you need will be updated the next time you update.