[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:20 pm

mewtwo10 wrote:How come when I try to open sum launcher after downloading it, ( mac) it says " "SUMLauncher" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
Please check the troubleshooting section for Macs on the first page of this thread.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:09 am

mewtwo10 wrote:How come when I try to open sum launcher after downloading it, ( mac) it says " "SUMLauncher" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
Read the first post.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:38 pm

soo i got a new pc and im trying to install sumlauncher, but the key resend Thing is dead an humble bundle Shows no product key....

what should i be doing?
Attachments
humblebundlkey.PNG

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:soo i got a new pc and im trying to install sumlauncher, but the key resend Thing is dead an humble bundle Shows no product key....

what should i be doing?
At the very top of your page, click over to "Purchases" instead of "Library" and then search for Overgrowth. From there, you can open the Overgrowth Alpha page, which should have your key.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Anton wrote:
Thomason1005 wrote:soo i got a new pc and im trying to install sumlauncher, but the key resend Thing is dead an humble bundle Shows no product key....

what should i be doing?
At the very top of your page, click over to "Purchases" instead of "Library" and then search for Overgrowth. From there, you can open the Overgrowth Alpha page, which should have your key.
thanks Anton, i just found it, theres "keys" at the bottom of the page

seancarter78

Post by seancarter78 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:32 am

when I put in my pre-order code it comes up with the error "unable to connect to authentication server. unable to reach authentication page" any help?

mewtwo10

Post by mewtwo10 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:08 pm

seancarter78 wrote:when I put in my pre-order code it comes up with the error "unable to connect to authentication server. unable to reach authentication page" any help?
idk maybe you are putting in the wrong code (the steam code instead of the one you need i can't remember what the one you need is called sorry its been a while since i have played

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:08 am

seancarter78 wrote:when I put in my pre-order code it comes up with the error "unable to connect to authentication server. unable to reach authentication page" any help?
Sound's like you're trying to use your CD Key from Steam instead of your SPF Key.

Rocnael

Post by Rocnael » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Wormwood wrote:SUM isn't updating the alphas, or even detecting the new ones. It's stuck on 219. Any idea what's wrong?

I tried doing File > Re-update current Alpha but just got negative array index error:

"Error loading JSON array
JSONArray[-1] not found."

Here's the full error log:

SUMLauncher version 3.0.8 (build 32)
Windows 10
2016-04-12 15:41:32.398
org.a.b: JSONArray[-1] not found.
at org.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
at org.a.a.f(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.d.d.d(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.q.l(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.e.U.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Is there any answer about that issue ?
I run into the same problem (I'm on Windows 7, though).

I tried to delete the SUM files in My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities as it was suggested earlier. No dice.

Do i have to redownload Overgrowth ?

Procyon

Post by Procyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:59 am

So I'm trying to run SUMLauncher to install Overgrowth on a new computer (Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.14393). I've entered the secret key from the Humble Bundle page. Next up, this is what happens:

1. Open SUMLauncher and click on "Download Overgrowth"

2. Choose save location for alpha 226 (should be 227 by now?)

3. "Error loading content from server. null"

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:29 pm

So, SUMLauncher and the automatic installation/update process has been a little sketchy for a while. Unfortunately, the paths have changed a lot, and our developer has been too busy with work to really make any changes.

As for a227, the DRM free version is not online yet (for some reason). It normally would be here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39624
Once it is online there, the version should match in SUMLauncher (although, I can't guarantee it will install from there).

If you want to get the current version right now, the easiest place is probably from Steam.

blacl1ka

Post by blacl1ka » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 am

Well uh, hopefully you guys still read through this thread. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I haven't played Overgrowth in a long time, in that long time I've made a few different humble bundle accounts (lord knows why) and I've forgotten the info of the one with my Overgrowth key. So in other words, I can't log into the SUMLauncher. Is there any help you guys could offer? On a hunch I tried using my steam key but it says it encountered an error reaching the authentication server.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 am

blacl1ka wrote:Well uh, hopefully you guys still read through this thread. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I haven't played Overgrowth in a long time, in that long time I've made a few different humble bundle accounts (lord knows why) and I've forgotten the info of the one with my Overgrowth key. So in other words, I can't log into the SUMLauncher. Is there any help you guys could offer? On a hunch I tried using my steam key but it says it encountered an error reaching the authentication server.
The steam key will definitely not work, and you need the one from the humble bundle store. You can write to [email protected] and they can help you track down your key. Knowing where you bought the game will help, so any records of your purchase will speed up the process.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:19 pm

blacl1ka wrote:Well uh, hopefully you guys still read through this thread. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I haven't played Overgrowth in a long time, in that long time I've made a few different humble bundle accounts (lord knows why) and I've forgotten the info of the one with my Overgrowth key. So in other words, I can't log into the SUMLauncher. Is there any help you guys could offer? On a hunch I tried using my steam key but it says it encountered an error reaching the authentication server.
I'm pretty sure the same process for getting your key (starting with the steam key) will work a 2nd time, so that you can retrieve your lost key. I think I've done it like 4 times now. Just start over at the beginning of the steam-based instructions.

TheDvd3000

Post by TheDvd3000 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:43 pm

I can't install any mods :/