[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Ann9x9

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by Ann9x9 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 am

It says that SumLauncher is broken and I can't open it?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:00 am

Ann9x9 wrote:It says that SumLauncher is broken and I can't open it?
Please read the troubleshooting section on the first page, and look for help with a Mac.

Ann9x9

Post by Ann9x9 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 am

In the mac trouble shooting section it says to select "allow application downloads from anywhere" in the security options but that's no longer an option provided in the security options. Is there a workaround?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:59 am

Ann9x9 wrote:In the mac trouble shooting section it says to select "allow application downloads from anywhere" in the security options but that's no longer an option provided in the security options. Is there a workaround?
From that window there is always an option for that. You might just be able to click "Open Anyway" and it will run.

Ann9x9

Post by Ann9x9 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Anton wrote:
Ann9x9 wrote:In the mac trouble shooting section it says to select "allow application downloads from anywhere" in the security options but that's no longer an option provided in the security options. Is there a workaround?
From that window there is always an option for that. You might just be able to click "Open Anyway" and it will run.
Nope. In the screenshot for the mac trouble shooting it shows three options for which apps you can allow to download. On my mac there are only two and "allow download from anywhere" isn't one of them. When I try and open SumLauncher it just says it's broken with no additional options beyond putting it in the trash.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Ann9x9 wrote:
Anton wrote:
Nope. In the screenshot for the mac trouble shooting it shows three options for which apps you can allow to download. On my mac there are only two and "allow download from anywhere" isn't one of them. When I try and open SumLauncher it just says it's broken with no additional options beyond putting it in the trash.
Are you running as an administrator? Which OS are you running, and can you send a screenshot of the window in your System Prefs?

ScarXL

Post by ScarXL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Is it possible to get a download link for older versions of SUMLauncher?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 pm

ScarXL wrote:Is it possible to get a download link for older versions of SUMLauncher?
No, SUMLauncher automatically updates itself to the latest version. But, there hasn't been an update to the actual program in several years. What are you trying to get from an older version?

ScarXL

Post by ScarXL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 am

A SUMLauncher that doesn't mess up my UI when I start it for the first time on older alphas (a209 in this case)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am

ScarXL wrote:A SUMLauncher that doesn't mess up my UI when I start it for the first time on older alphas (a209 in this case)
So, from version number 1, SUMLauncher has always replaced two UI elements. The Spawner and the Main Menu. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to go back and remove that functionality.

The one thing I can do for you is change the date modified on those files so they no longer get downloaded. In newer versions of the game, those UI pages have been removed, so I'd be ok to do that.

Are you using the DRM free version of the game? If so, can you tell me the date modified of menu.html and spawner.html so I can set the date of the replacement files earlier than that. (Alternatively, you can just keep copies of those two files outside of the game, and after you have run SUMLauncher, you can just put them back in place.)

ScarXL

Post by ScarXL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:37 am

(a209) Date modified before using SUMLauncher:

Menu.html - 2/6/2015 9:30 PM
Spawner.html - 2/6/2015 9:30 PM

After using SUMLauncher, the date modified is just my current date.

Replacing the files worked, only downside is that I have to do this every time I use SUMLauncher.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:11 am

ScarXL wrote:(a209) Date modified before using SUMLauncher:

Menu.html - 2/6/2015 9:30 PM
Spawner.html - 2/6/2015 9:30 PM

After using SUMLauncher, the date modified is just my current date.

Replacing the files worked, only downside is that I have to do this every time I use SUMLauncher.
Ok, I've updated the files so that they have an older modification date. This should mean that when you run SUMLauncher, it will no longer replace those files.

ScarXL

Post by ScarXL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:14 am

Hey Everyone,

We've updated all the maps and mods to utilize the beta 3 modding system! Mods can now be activated from the mod menu, and will show up in the menu browser and load item menu.

We did not fix any issues with actual maps or mods, so if you do find issues, please contact the original mod creator.

This also means that submitting content is much easier! If your mod works with Steam Workshop, your mod will work with SUMLauncher. The only thing you need to do is keep a different ID for each mod, so they don't conflict!

Waines

Post by Waines » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey it says that the SUMLauncher application is damaged and can't run.

It worked on my windows, but I am doing it on my iMac because it has a far better graphics card. Am trying to get Xbox 360 controller to work; it gets identified through my settings but it doesn't actually work in Overgrowth. Love the game btw!!!

Thanks