How to Change Rabbit Colors

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
hoppem

How to Change Rabbit Colors

Post by hoppem » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:35 pm

as the title read how do you change them because on the premade maps some of the rabbits are different colors and such

supersocko

Re: How to Change Rabbit Colors

Post by supersocko » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Press Ctrl + Shift + P with that npc/character selected. It'll open a simple pallette, and it can only edit the Guard 1 and Turner, as far as I know.

hoppem

Post by hoppem » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am

ahh cool thanks man

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 am

On Macs it's Cmnd+Shift+P

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:09 am

When I open the palette for a couple pre-colored characters in a custom level, There are no regions available to change, so they are locked as-is. However, with the editable ones, I'm having a slight issue.
The 'pale' rabbit guard model has what appear to be independent regions, that are grouped with the current regions in the editor UI. 'cloth' and 'armor' effect 2 regions each, yet I have seen guards in other levels with shirt/pants that are different colors and armor/knee pads that are different as well. The rabbit guard "brown" also has armor/pants with the same color, but the "pale" version adjusts pants and shirt as one, while armor is different.

How do I add/remove/group editable regions to the palette editor, so I can get the same variety of combinations I see in the campaign and other levels?

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 am

We use the exact same tools that are available to you when we make our campaigns. If you find a character with the regions that you're interested in you can simply load that level in the editor and see exactly which character it is and what the palette editor can do to it. :)

There is no easy way to change the regions, you'd need to edit a texture file.