new fighting moves

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
drako125

new fighting moves

Post by drako125 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm

hey everyone, the reason i made this was because i thought it would be coll if instaed of doing some kind of face smash kick with left click, if your right clicked, you would flip them over and smash there skull :lol: :mrgreen: if you have any other move suggestions, post em on this page and happy overgrowth !!!

Zelron

Re: new fighting moves

Post by Zelron » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:23 pm

I am thinking you mean the leg cannon?
Anyway, right click is an active block. Which if used at the right time will make you throw your enemy over your shoulder.
So...ya.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am

Ya bro. Good to see you like the game and are excited about its future, but it sounds like you need to play OG a lot more to learn how it all works. Right Click is already an integral part of the game interface. Attack variation is determined mostly by range and proximity, not button combos.

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 pm

drako125 wrote:hey everyone, the reason i made this was because i thought it would be coll if instaed of doing some kind of face smash kick with left click, if your right clicked, you would flip them over and smash there skull :lol: :mrgreen: if you have any other move suggestions, post em on this page and happy overgrowth !!!
No.
Djemps wrote:Ya bro. Good to see you like the game and are excited about its future, but it sounds like you need to play OG a lot more to learn how it all works. Right Click is already an integral part of the game interface. Attack variation is determined mostly by range and proximity, not button combos.
Yes.

/thread.

jac_solar

Post by jac_solar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

I saw some videos that claimed you controlled which leg to kick with (2 different buttons.), but it was a video of an older alpha version.

Was this feature removed, or was it never part of the game, and it's always been a context sensitive combat system?

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 pm

jac_solar wrote:I saw some videos that claimed you controlled which leg to kick with (2 different buttons.), but it was a video of an older alpha version.

Was this feature removed, or was it never part of the game, and it's always been a context sensitive combat system?
you still use two different buttons to perform the attack, you use the jump button (space), and the left mouse button to kick and when you put all of that together hoping you are close to an enemy, you get the LEG CANNON! 8)

Particles

Post by Particles » Sun May 13, 2012 10:40 am

If you mean that you can spin kick with either leg depending on which direction you move then yes it's possible.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 am

Zelron wrote: Anyway, right click is an active block.
You aren't likely to be blocking if you are in the middle of a jump, are you? I personally don't think it's that bad an idea. Could've been presented in a little bit better engrish though.

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

zzwerty wrote:You aren't likely to be blocking if you are in the middle of a jump, are you? I personally don't think it's that bad an idea. Could've been presented in a little bit better engrish though.
I'm not sure what exactly you consider "isn't a bad idea" because OP basic said he wanted to be able to flip enemies over with the right click. My point was that you already can.

Edit: After read that over again it sounds a little misleading. What I mean is what idea are you refering to.

BotheredMe

Post by BotheredMe » Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 pm

jac_solar wrote:I saw some videos that claimed you controlled which leg to kick with (2 different buttons.), but it was a video of an older alpha version.

I think you are talking about ground attacks, choosing which leg you kick with. OG basically kicks with whatever leg has the most momentum (or some other measurement that pwns rabbits, I failed physics :? ) at the time you attack, so if you're moving right and attacking, you will hit with your left leg and vice versa. While this isn't always the case, it seems to work more often than not when trying to control Turner's kicks. Which he has pumped up.

wagdltwghah

Post by wagdltwghah » Mon May 21, 2012 7:46 am

drako125 wrote:hey everyone, the reason i made this was because i thought it would be coll if instaed of doing some kind of face smash kick with left click, if your right clicked, you would flip them over and smash there skull :lol: :mrgreen: if you have any other move suggestions, post em on this page and happy overgrowth !!!

go play assassins creed for shitty killing animations. this is sparta! you kill your way! the other is merit of the death by phisics : P

Hibbe

Post by Hibbe » Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 am

akazi wrote:

you still use two different buttons to perform the attack, you use the jump button (space), and the left mouse button to kick and when you put all of that together hoping you are close to an enemy, you get the LEG CANNON! 8)
I think he ment that you can change from right to left stance.

I thought that was already implemented but apperently it was removed.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed May 23, 2012 10:58 am

Hibbe wrote:
akazi wrote:

I think he ment that you can change from right to left stance.

I thought that was already implemented but apperently it was removed.
the only one I can think of is the leg sweep kick, that move you can make it so you can sweep kick with the left or right by pressing a directional button, oh and the roundhouse kick.