What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Wilserien

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Wilserien » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 pm

add rats, definitely, and fix the switching hands bug from 201. It would be really cool also is you could kick bodies around like in lugaru :D

Tren10

Post by Tren10 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 pm

There should be some sort of stamina system, nothing with green bars, just, the longer you do something, the less powerful you can do it.

SleepyMcGee

Post by SleepyMcGee » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 pm

ScopeTCR wrote:I would really like to be able to put spears or 2 handed swords on my characters back...
Yes, this please.
augiebros wrote:It would be cool if i could dodge a trip attack by jumping.
Also this, it's frustrating to get hit with something that clearly made no visual contact.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 am

Tren10 wrote:There should be some sort of stamina system, nothing with green bars, just, the longer you do something, the less powerful you can do it.
If you've gotten hit a few times, you stagger more when you get hit. I don't think it affects the strength of your strikes, but that would probably be rather one-sided.

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:13 am

Some piece of news would be awesome...

I know, we are in the content creation territory now and we do not want to get spoilered but a little teaser to show that development is still alive would be nice.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:33 am

Swordarm wrote:Some piece of news would be awesome...

I know, we are in the content creation territory now and we do not want to get spoilered but a little teaser to show that development is still alive would be nice.
david's twitter: https://twitter.com/@wolfire

Rapture

Post by Rapture » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I can think of a few things that could be neat. (Excuse my ignorance if they are already in the game, kindly point them out!)

Please don't take these to seriously, they are just ideas, nothing more. I could care less if they implemented them and I'm not asking them to. They are just my suggestions!

(1) The actual ears of the Rabbits will actually turn on muscle reflex to sounds that are just below the threshold of being detected.

This will server two purposes that will be explained in "1a" and "1b".

(1a) This will give the player a fraction of a second (0.25-0.5) to react to enemies sneaking up behind them that are walking, running or making a certain amount of noise.

This can be a subtle clue to the player that nearby unaware or sneaking enemies are close by without obnoxiously telling the player where they are but only dropping a hint (NO Sounds/Music associated!) that something might be coming your way. (It can be affected by wind such as leaves rustling, small animals scurrying around)

I would like that the ears will not be 100% accurate to keep the player from being overly dependant on the subtle game mechanic.
The player should make a conscious decision whether they should stay still to listen for enemy movement or simply keep sneaking by without wasting time.

Something subtle of the ears moving automatically should only work if the player is staying still or walk-crouching very slowly without making noise that would distract the bunny from picking up on sounds.

(1b) This will also affect enemy NPCs and I believe it would be a good tool to help new players and veterans know when they are getting to close or making to much noise.

Now if the player makes to much noise, the enemy NPC will turn it's head and in most likely spot them and make chase or call for help.

Now if the player repeatedly trolls the enemy NPC (A.K.A abusing the AI) by making continuous sounds just under the "auto-detect threat range" the enemy NPC will either start becoming suspicious towards the strange sounds or immediately react aggressively.

//*************************************************************************
(2) Expanding a little more on the sounds.

Sounds that impact the ear directly (The front open parts; Basically the direction of the player affects where the "open ear parts" are, even if in described in point "1a" the player should be the only one affecting how sounds are transmitted to the Rabbit.) should be considered a higher priority in the game engine and sounded louder.

While sounds that hit the back of the player are less likely to be picked up or heard as loud.

Some sounds like Metal hitting together or others that are very distinct should be barely affected what way the ears are pointed.
//*************************************************************************
(3) Sneaking Movement
I'm guessing the final mechanic(s) of stealth are not yet in the game. (I'm not sure what your plans are for it)

But I would like an sneaking mode or state that the bunny can go in.

It starts with the bunny crouching lower to the floor and all movements; running, jumping up or down is changed to be more "sneaky". (It has to be toggled on or off as being in "Sneak" mode, changes all your movement abilities)

Things like running will now turn into a brisk half crouching sprint.

Your ears will flatten to your head.

You will automatically sidle against walls.

You can now go prone onto the ground and do things like laying across the ground in a poised death state or crawling on your elbows. (Like MGS4)

Jumping up objects will now take the player longer but done much quieter.

When presented over a ledge, the player will automatically reach down to hang by the ledge by his fingertips and falling down will be quieter if the drop is short enough.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:16 am

The stealth ideas would probably be only good things to implement.
And I'd assume sidling against walls would hide you in shadows... good ideas.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

Timbles wrote:The stealth ideas would probably be only good things to implement.
Thief 3 style.
Actually, don't make it anything like Thief 3. Despite the fact that that was an amazing game,the stealth was far too easy.
I am now against a wall in a mildly dark place. I am literally invisible until someone touches me.

Rapture

Post by Rapture » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Timbles wrote:The stealth ideas would probably be only good things to implement.
It's mostly a cosmetic thing (It will help slightly), you just simply push yourself against the wall.

I hope the stealth is based on body visibility and simply being in "darkness" will have little to no effect. (Darkness should take effect when you're far away, like 30-40+ feet. Races might have different sight ranges)

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 am

More advanced parkour. More Assassin's Creed style of free running and less typical 3D platformer style of free running. There should be more flow and different things you can do between free running and combat. e.g. Jumping down from a building and killing an enemy or throwing/pushing enemies off buildings, like AC.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Light sources? It gets awfully dark in some maps.

Rapture

Post by Rapture » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 am

Retarded Username wrote:Light sources? It gets awfully dark in some maps.
Oh god please, global lighting is nice... sometimes... not really. But it is super buggy when baking shadows and I just hate not being able to tell the game how I want a scene lit.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 am

Rapture wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:Light sources? It gets awfully dark in some maps.
Oh god please, global lighting is nice... sometimes... not really. But it is super buggy when baking shadows and I just hate not being able to tell the game how I want a scene lit.
I third this idea, would be nice to back in light sources and if you have the shadows set to dynamic then the light sources are too.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:54 am

Not sure why there wouldn't be light sources.