What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Sehiro

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Sehiro » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Jack of All Trades wrote:More music?

Attacking enemies while wall-running/ wall running special attack thingy
These two. These two above all else, imo.

The other suggestions were pretty good too

NecroBite
Location: A strange little place called Nowhere in Particular.

Post by NecroBite » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:28 pm

I'd like to be able to have each npc's senses be adjustable. Like an npc's drunk, high, deaf, blind, etc. Obviously it'd be easier to sneak through the barracks of drunk guards than through, say, a heavily guarded fortress. One's more alert than the other. There'd probably be a base line, though, so people don't... abuse it, I suppose?
I think it'd be neat to see eventually.

EDIT: Giving an npc a specific task for it to do would be neat, too. Perhaps they're focusing on running to their task's place instead of fighting enemies, so they ignore them and leave them to you. Or distracting enemies is their task so that you can continue past. Maybe their job is to assassinate a particular enemy and follow you through the level, helping out. Or guard you. :)

Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm

NecroBite wrote:I'd like to be able to have each npc's senses be adjustable. Like an npc's drunk, high, deaf, blind, etc. Obviously it'd be easier to sneak through the barracks of drunk guards than through, say, a heavily guarded fortress. One's more alert than the other. There'd probably be a base line, though, so people don't... abuse it, I suppose?
I think it'd be neat to see eventually.
Rabbit alcohol in next build plz.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

I do remember on one of the Alpha videos, David said he could edit an enemy's path of vision to fit a certain shape.
So if an enemy was wearing a helmet with a visor, it would limit his vision.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Timbles wrote:I do remember on one of the Alpha videos, David said he could edit an enemy's path of vision to fit a certain shape.
May I ask how many alphas ago?

last

Post by last » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm

There is a line of code in aschar.as, where is defined this FOV 3d object, that you can change.

Code: Select all

GetCharactersInHull("Data/Models/fov.obj", transform, nearby_characters);

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Sehiro wrote:
Timbles wrote:I do remember on one of the Alpha videos, David said he could edit an enemy's path of vision to fit a certain shape.
I have no idea.
A lot of them, that's for sure.

last

Post by last » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 pm

For pro google users only
Timbles wrote:
Sehiro wrote:
I have no idea.
A lot of them, that's for sure.
Here is alpha videos that will explain enemy raycasting, sound detecting and second video is FOV object
http://youtu.be/Egy40TYFut8 alpha 123
http://youtu.be/qM4bLbshUNI alpha 141

sTownR

Post by sTownR » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

I would really love to see the dialogue editor improved... it would be awesome to start waypoints after a cutscene and to spawn/despawn or kill npcs during cutscenes.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 am

sTownR wrote:I would really love to see the dialogue editor improved... it would be awesome to start waypoints after a cutscene and to spawn/despawn or kill npcs during cutscenes.
There is a way to spawn/despawn and kill NPC's during cutscenes. For killing NPC's, take a look at my Medpack tutorial I posted on the Modding forum a while ago. Basically replace the healing hotspot with a killing hotspot and there you go.
You don't really spawn NPC's in cutscenes, you just move one that was previously hidden in the previous line of dialogue to where you want him/them to be at the end of the dialogue.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 am

last wrote:
Timbles wrote:A lot of them, that's for sure.
Here is alpha videos that will explain enemy raycasting, sound detecting and second video is FOV object
http://youtu.be/Egy40TYFut8 alpha 123
http://youtu.be/qM4bLbshUNI alpha 141
Thank you very much.

StoneTheRock

Post by StoneTheRock » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm

I would like to see some different fighting styles between the races in Overgrowth. Talking about rats and cats specifically since the wolf, Turner and even the guards have somewhat their own styles already. Y'know, all that "the rat is a rather weak hand to hand combatant but is better at sneaking and pulling off quick sneaky moves than all other species" and "the cat is a little brittle when it comes to combat with hands and knees but has got elegant, yet deadly sword techniques" - stuff. What I'd also like to see is some kind of online multiplayer (Yeah, I know, everyone's ears are already bleeding because of that topic). Not talking about a XxXAmazinggMMO-OG-ActshinOpenWorldXxX or some crap like that, no, I mean some kind of tournament based competitive fighting with other players and maybe even an opportunity to do some free runnin' or parkour with other players. Though I'd say that the singleplayer-campaign and the last bits of gameplay features are currently more important. Heck, David's got plenty to do programming that already. A good time to add Multiplayer is when everything else is done I think. But I really want it, would be a pity if the fast paced combat in Overgrowth would never be able to be enjoyed in online competitive play.

Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Multiplayer would be awesome if it can be pulled off, but yeah it should be one of the final things to be worked on imo.

NecroBite
Location: A strange little place called Nowhere in Particular.

Post by NecroBite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Ability to go flush with the wall or any sort of cover system, to aid with stealth. It'd be easier to use if you could break away or go back without having to jam on the keys. Or it could be attached to a button press. This along with more light sources could allow for more stealth gameplay.

speartonis

Post by speartonis » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:53 pm

I just made a post about a Skydiving mechanic. It might be too soon for it to be implemented, but I would still like to see it in the game. :D

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30684