Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Dogchief_NL

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by Dogchief_NL » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:26 pm

This game is so hard.. XD Sometimes there is this bug tho where I have bullets and clips but the gun acts empty. It's fun though,

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Dogchief_NL wrote:This game is so hard.. XD Sometimes there is this bug tho where I have bullets and clips but the gun acts empty. It's fun though,
Hold F to cock the hammer

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:36 pm

anyone got all the 11 tapes yet? my best score is 5 so far, those land turrets are piece of cake, but the flying drones are annoying and quite hard to hit :/

oh, and it would be fun if there were different weaponds we could get and more different enemies:p

The DooD

Post by The DooD » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Oh wow I think I actually just shot myself!

I was aiming down at a disabled turret, and as soon as I shot it I got an impact mark right on my screen near where I fired. I think the bullet may have ricocheted up and hit me, but I wasn't sure if this was actually possible in the game. Either way it was pretty hilarious.

yeah230

Post by yeah230 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

This game wins on pretty much every aspect of it...
Appart that it looks just impossible to finish, it definitly is a win.
Well, I screamed a couple time as I walked right troughs floors.
Probably a dozen times as I died on impact after a 2 meters fall.
I like the fact that you simply do not need a health bar.
As sais before, a little buzzing noise for the flying drones would be much appreciated.

Most of all, do not simply put aside this game (if it does not keep you too much from working on overgrowth). I think I had at least 5-6 hours of intense joy rage and pretty much everything else.

Well thanks!

Lizardheim

Post by Lizardheim » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Please make this into something more than it already is, concept is too good to pass up.

Alternatively, make more scenarioes for the gun control system, like black shades has.

Lhorkan

Post by Lhorkan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Egbert wrote:Dear god I encountered that room that the turret hell video found.
First 2 behind opposite pillars, then this.
I'm starting to think that room is bugged, I also just ran into the same room and there they were, 2 upright turrets and one goofing around on its side, ready to take you down just when you think you're doing a great run. :cry:

Sordid Dreams

Post by Sordid Dreams » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Lhorkan wrote:I'm starting to think that room is bugged, I also just ran into the same room and there they were, 2 upright turrets and one goofing around on its side, ready to take you down just when you think you're doing a great run. :cry:
It definitely is bugged. It's the very same room I referred to earlier. The upper level has the floor bug that kills you instantly and a lot more turrets seem to spawn on the lower level than anywhere else. It's also the only place I've ever seen the sideways turrets and turrets on ceiling pipes (sometimes also sideways).
Edit: Actually come to think of it, maybe it's not bugged. Perhaps it's the boss fight? :twisted:

TheSlider

Post by TheSlider » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:05 pm

I played more tonight. I first got upset when I died several times right from the begining (moved forward and got shot, passed a door and fell to oblivion...) but kept going and trying again and again and eventually got my first tape ! Yay... Then I died.
But this last time I got very lucky :
Yes, 3 tapes in one spot under the weird modern art sculpture in a room. I died 30 secs later. X )

I died once from a fall after tapping forward when all I wanted to do was to move a little forward to look over a ledge. I'm now trying to move left or right diagonally instead.

Would it be possible to shoot through windows in the future ? Or break them with the gun ?
Because it's often the case where an apartment has a good view over a large rooftop with a few drones but no way to get closer without attracting too much attention.

I guess this game is only about the 1911 gun but I'd love to see a rifle showing up in there someday !

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 pm

I just uploaded a new build!

Windows download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/7DFPS/ ... c4_win.zip
Mac download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/7DFPS/ ... c4_mac.zip

Changelog:
- Fixed problem with falling through the floor in one of the rooms
- You can now remove rounds from a magazine with 'r' when gun is holstered (e.g. to combine two half-full magazines)
- Made hover bots louder so they are easier to detect
- Added a restart-game button in case you get stuck (hold 'L')
- Fixed problem inability to run when gun is holstered
- Disabled gun shadow (players report that it is weird to see a gun shadow without a body shadow)
- Mouse cursor disappears automatically when alt-tabbing into the game
- Splash screen correctly fades to black when starting new game
- More descriptive input names in configuration window
- Brighter muzzle flash illumination

Geurge

Post by Geurge » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Loving this game so much right now. Really hope you keep working at this and fleshing it out into something more. Would be amazing to have a character model so the gun isn't flying in the air, also more guns but obviously that is going to take a long time considering the detailed mechanics.

EDIT: Also, maybe change the gun model when checking the bullet in the chamber? (holding t and pressing r) Kind of hard at the moment to see if there's a bullet in there.

a_lemming

Post by a_lemming » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:02 pm

I would love to see a fully-fledged campaign. I want to know more about the story, please :)

r0cko

Post by r0cko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Sounds like everybody wants to see this game fleshed out completely, including me... :P Good! That makes it more likely to happen

Slimjim3k

Post by Slimjim3k » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm

This is pretty damn cool! Id not only love to see this fleshed out, but this seems like it would be great for multiplayer! Even better for a balls to the wall action horror type game kinda like Stalker or Metro. I know mechanics like this could add a serious amount of tension to just about any game.

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:25 pm

I don't really want to be the one to stand out from the crowd on this, but I really want to shoot at human targets with this awesome mechanic.
The whole managing your gun thing is so great, I want to PWN all sorts of different things!