Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
ECPlat1num

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by ECPlat1num » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Silverfish wrote:You should be able to find DRM free downloads for this game on your Humble Bundle account page.
I was given a code to redeem Overgrowth on Steam from this month's(Feb2018) Humble Monthly, and a forum code with it. I knew the moment I got it I could also get Receiver.
Despite this, not only are the links dead, but I do not have the game in my Humble Bundle account like you stated there should be.
Mind reviving the link for this?

fallrisk

Post by fallrisk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 am

ECPlat1num wrote: I was given a code to redeem Overgrowth on Steam from this month's(Feb2018) Humble Monthly, and a forum code with it. I knew the moment I got it I could also get Receiver.
Despite this, not only are the links dead, but I do not have the game in my Humble Bundle account like you stated there should be.
+1, would love to try out receiver as I just got overgrowth (nice surprise :D ) with my humble bundle. Hope someone can help us out here.

WolfLionHead

Post by WolfLionHead » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am

fallrisk wrote:
ECPlat1num wrote: I was given a code to redeem Overgrowth on Steam from this month's(Feb2018) Humble Monthly, and a forum code with it. I knew the moment I got it I could also get Receiver.
+1, would love to try out receiver as I just got overgrowth (nice surprise :D ) with my humble bundle. Hope someone can help us out here.
Add another +1 for me :roll:

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 pm

This post is a very old one. It is no longer how we distribute free copies of Receiver.

Overgrowth only comes with Receiver when you buy it by itself on the Humble store or on the Steam store.

Overgrowth does not come with Receiver when you get it in a bundle (such as the Humble Freedom Bundle a year ago, or the Humble Monthly Bundle that we're in now).

If you got the game through a trade/from a friend, or bought it on an unauthorized store like G2A, we have no idea what kind of key you got. It's up to the luck of the draw in that case. You might get Receiver, you might not.

If you got Overgrowth in a bundle, or some unknown source (trade, friend, unauthorized third party key reseller), then you can buy Receiver here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/receiver

If you bought Overgrowth by itself, on the Humble store or the Steam store, and did *not* get it in a bundle, then it should already be in your purchases. When you register your key on Steam, it should automatically show up in your game library, and you can install it from there. If you bought it on the Humble store, it should show up in your game library.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:52 pm

ECPlat1num wrote:
Silverfish wrote:You should be able to find DRM free downloads for this game on your Humble Bundle account page.
I was given a code to redeem Overgrowth on Steam from this month's(Feb2018) Humble Monthly, and a forum code with it. I knew the moment I got it I could also get Receiver.
Lukas may have been mistaken.

When you buy a game bundle that inclues Overgrowth, you do not get Receiver for free. This includes the Humble Monthly bundle.

You only get Receiver for free when you buy Overgrowth by itself on the Steam or Humble store.

ECPlat1num

Post by ECPlat1num » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm

merlyn wrote:Overgrowth does not come with Receiver when you get it in a bundle (such as the Humble Freedom Bundle a year ago, or the Humble Monthly Bundle that we're in now).
I see, thanks for clearing up the confusion!

Buzzerb

Post by Buzzerb » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Hey the windows download link appears to be broken, dropbox says the file does not exist

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:25 am

Buzzerb wrote:Hey the windows download link appears to be broken, dropbox says the file does not exist
We only give away receiver when you buy Overgrowth directly. If you got the game in the Humble Monthly Bundle, then Receiver doesn't come along with it. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have David update the post so that it clears up this confusion some time next week.

If you bought Overgrowth by itself on Steam, or bought it directly on the Humble store, outside of the Humble Monthly Bundle, then you should have a copy of Receiver in your game library.

tbf2992

Post by tbf2992 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Can't seem to download it from the mac link. Anybody still have a mac version?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:17 pm

tbf2992 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:18 pm
Can't seem to download it from the mac link. Anybody still have a mac version?
I see from your account history that you bought Overgrowth during Early Access, which means you *should* already have access to the game via your Humble Bundle account. If you can't download it on there, please private message me and I'll see if I can help you out.

birbilis

Post by birbilis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:56 am

probably confused (was too) since the video (if I remember well) on humble bundle charity bundle mentions Receiver (for preorder however)

MilwaukeeJon

Post by MilwaukeeJon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Any chances we might get a "Receiver 2, Workshop Boogaloo" - maybe even with VR support and humanoid killdrones?_?

I like the dynamic of the three guns and the manual action going on mashing the buttons. And I also like to come back to the game but in fact I really am jonesing for a promising successor of this type of game. Feels good man.

I especially love to torture gaming mice with RPG designs the ones with way too many buttons on them. It works great for fiddling around with a few functions. Also if anyone has heard of the Zalman FPS mouse. Feels real nice playing receiver with it. Like a poor mans VR gun game - without the VR part.

Anyway. B0SS gibbe the sequel PLS!

z33ky

Post by z33ky » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Will the 2019 update be posted in this thread or uploaded to Humble?