Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
amuddypizza

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by amuddypizza » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm

I love this game! However, I just had an idea... I know it's a stretch, but let's face it: it'd be awesome.
-
How about multiplayer? Not with a lot of people: maybe just 2-4, maybe just over LAN. I don't know. The premise would be that everyone starts on the map with 1 life, and the setup is the same (random bullets/gun, random ammo spawns on the map, etc.) and in the pre-game options you could toggle whether or not there were bots on the map. It'd be a super-tense, 1-life duel! I dunno. You could probably build it as an extension that you might have to pay for, if you added more to it... Anyway, keep up the great work, and I REALLY hope you aren't done with Receiver. It's so awesome, and has so much potential to be even better.
-Thanks!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 pm

amuddypizza wrote:I love this game! However, I just had an idea... I know it's a stretch, but let's face it: it'd be awesome.
-
How about multiplayer? Not with a lot of people: maybe just 2-4, maybe just over LAN. I don't know. The premise would be that everyone starts on the map with 1 life, and the setup is the same (random bullets/gun, random ammo spawns on the map, etc.) and in the pre-game options you could toggle whether or not there were bots on the map. It'd be a super-tense, 1-life duel! I dunno. You could probably build it as an extension that you might have to pay for, if you added more to it... Anyway, keep up the great work, and I REALLY hope you aren't done with Receiver. It's so awesome, and has so much potential to be even better.
-Thanks!
You should check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16590
It's a custom mod, but it should be implementing MP into the game...

amuddypizza

Post by amuddypizza » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Anton wrote: You should check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16590
It's a custom mod, but it should be implementing MP into the game...
YES! Thank you, good sir! :D

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Gonna give this game a try, I will comment back to tell you how I felt about it. :D

CyberneticSasquatch

Post by CyberneticSasquatch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

I found a bug in the newest version(RC7).

With the glock or the 1911. If you leave the slide back and insert a mag and then remove it the top round will stick inside the open chamber. This does not happen with these guns in real life.

Video proof.
http://youtu.be/TFXhGrzn-Oc

*edit
Also why did you guys decide to do a glock 17 with a full auto mod (I've never heard of this) instead of the glock 18?

Sordid Dreams

Post by Sordid Dreams » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 am

The mod is real enough:

http://www.rh-custom.se/product.php?id_product=32

As for why they picked a modded Glock 17 rather than a Glock 18, I can think of two reasons.
Firstly, you're just a civilian trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic environment. The developers might have felt that a modded Glock 17 was a more appropriate choice to give you that "trying to survive using whatever you can get your hands on" feel.
The second, gameplay-related reason I can think of is that the fire selector is clearly visible on the modded Glock 17 when looking down the sights. Glock 18 has it on the side of the slide, so it might not be obvious which mode you have selected.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 am

what bothers me is that in the game I can't see which setting is the full-auto and which is the normal mode.. I keep forgetting! it should be marked with text (or at least one letter) which is which.
(Or maybe I'm just too stupid to hold a gun :P)

Sordid Dreams

Post by Sordid Dreams » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

The help system tells you. If it's telling you to switch firing modes, you're currently in full auto.

dyrvere

Post by dyrvere » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

The help system should be more like a HUD, where either semi or auto is bright while the off setting is darker. http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/i ... nModes.jpg

jpr123

Post by jpr123 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 am

Will there be any more updates to receiver, or will it just always be in its current form?

Trench

Post by Trench » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 am

dyrvere wrote:The help system should be more like a HUD, where either semi or auto is bright while the off setting is darker. http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/i ... nModes.jpg

I think that defeats the purpose of the game mechanics

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Trench wrote:I think that defeats the purpose of the game mechanics
How?

Portalller

Post by Portalller » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

off-topic: How do I get my steam key? Can we somehow add Reciever to our humblebundle account? Or do we get a special site to get a steam key?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Portalller wrote:off-topic: How do I get my steam key? Can we somehow add Reciever to our humblebundle account? Or do we get a special site to get a steam key?
It is already on your humble bundle account. If you haven't redeemed your overgrowth key there, you should go back to the link from your email. If you have redeemed it there, just go to the Overgrowth section of your account.

If you need your link sent to you again, please use the key re-sender.

dyrvere

Post by dyrvere » Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 am

Trench wrote:
dyrvere wrote:The help system should be more like a HUD, where either semi or auto is bright while the off setting is darker. http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/i ... nModes.jpg

I think that defeats the purpose of the game mechanics
It think the opposite, it would make the HELP SYSTEM more intuitive and also easier to read. Say put a crossover ring on the gun icon when the safety is on. The wall of text in the corner is just a sight that makes my eyes sore, so.
The game can't relay what I can see and feel when shooting a real gun.

And since the Leap Motion seems able to see objects like pens and brushes, how about pointing with an actual gun like object at the screen with buttons on it for trigger, safety, mag release, slide release etc.
And if used in Absolute mode, it would put the pointer exactly where you point towards the screen when calibrated. So a mechanic to hide the gun model and only display occasional muzzleflash and smoke when you've selected the leap motion in options. Then the only question is how to move around the game world.