Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
renamedperson

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by renamedperson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Nice, I like the game alot even though I stink at it. I love the colour scheme, and enjoy the music.
A great game overall.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:36 am

maybe you should put some more work in it like optimizing the game for mac to

StrandedBigMac

Post by StrandedBigMac » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Peruraptor wrote:Will there ever be a Reciever RC8?
Of course not :^)

noahnater

Post by noahnater » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 pm

How do I download it? I am new to the Wolfire community...

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 am

noahnater wrote:How do I download it? I am new to the Wolfire community...
It should be on your Humble Store page. From there you can also get a Steam key, if you prefer to download it though Steam.

dailydimaz

Post by dailydimaz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 am

better to try it... :D

Rahzadan

Post by Rahzadan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello,

I got my copy of Overgrowth through the Humble Freedom Bundle, and I understand I was supposed to get a free Steam key for Reciever. Can anyone tell me where I can get that key?

Thanks!

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Rahzadan wrote:Hello,

I got my copy of Overgrowth through the Humble Freedom Bundle, and I understand I was supposed to get a free Steam key for Reciever. Can anyone tell me where I can get that key?

Thanks!
I know that you can download the game on the first post of this thread, so you get a copy of the game.

I don't know that you get a steam key for it w/ the freedom bundle. You could contact Humble Bundle support to verify that, but I don't see that steam key in my freedom bundle purchase.

Rahzadan

Post by Rahzadan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:40 pm

It seems that some people who bought the Humble Freedom Bundle got free Steam copies of Receiver, but some didn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/receiver/comme ... _my_steam/

I'm wondering why that is.. I was one of the ones who didn't, and was hoping to get a free Steam copy of the game.. :P

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Rahzadan wrote:It seems that some people who bought the Humble Freedom Bundle got free Steam copies of Receiver, but some didn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/receiver/comme ... _my_steam/

I'm wondering why that is.. I was one of the ones who didn't, and was hoping to get a free Steam copy of the game.. :P
Not sure. I think if you redeem overgrowth on steam it might be a bundle that also includes Receiver. You could bug Humble Support to find out for sure.

Rahzadan

Post by Rahzadan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm

merlyn wrote:Not sure. I think if you redeem overgrowth on steam it might be a bundle that also includes Receiver. You could bug Humble Support to find out for sure.
Yeah that's what it looks like, but my Overgrowth key from that bundle didn't put Receiver in my steam account. I submitted a ticket with Humble Support, and I'll report back on the response :)

EDIT:

Well, that was quick! Got a response from Humble quite quickly, albeit not a good one :(

"Thank you for contacting us here at Humble Support. We're sorry for any confusion. While at one time the game Overgrowth did come with Receiver through how the developer provided the keys for the former's pre-order, this was not intended behavior in the Freedom bundle, and if your friend did receive it this may have been due to a minor glitch or error in Steam's handling of the key or unlocking process. That said, Overgrowth is not intended to come with Receiver unless explicitly stated as such. While we understand this is likely not the answer you wanted, we wish you the best, and hope you'll let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."

This is unfortunate, as Receiver looks like a great game. While I know I can techncially get it for free in this Forum, I'm a Steam collector and would love if that promo came back on :)

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am

Rahzadan wrote:
merlyn wrote:Not sure. I think if you redeem overgrowth on steam it might be a bundle that also includes Receiver. You could bug Humble Support to find out for sure.
Yeah that's what it looks like, but my Overgrowth key from that bundle didn't put Receiver in my steam account. I submitted a ticket with Humble Support, and I'll report back on the response :)

EDIT:

Well, that was quick! Got a response from Humble quite quickly, albeit not a good one :(

"Thank you for contacting us here at Humble Support. We're sorry for any confusion. While at one time the game Overgrowth did come with Receiver through how the developer provided the keys for the former's pre-order, this was not intended behavior in the Freedom bundle, and if your friend did receive it this may have been due to a minor glitch or error in Steam's handling of the key or unlocking process. That said, Overgrowth is not intended to come with Receiver unless explicitly stated as such. While we understand this is likely not the answer you wanted, we wish you the best, and hope you'll let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."

This is unfortunate, as Receiver looks like a great game. While I know I can techncially get it for free in this Forum, I'm a Steam collector and would love if that promo came back on :)
That promo still exists if you buy the game by itself instead of in the bundle.

It's a bit less convenient, but you can still add this game to launch from steam this way: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -YDJV-5557

Rahzadan

Post by Rahzadan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 am

Yeah, the idea as a Steam game collector like myself is that the game is in my actual library, not "add as a non-steam game". This doesn't add it to my permanent Steam library. I like the idea that all my games are contained on steam, and downloadable through it directly, and not haphazardly scattered about my hard drive. I'm an extremely organized individual :lol:

Since the game is free anyway through this site for Overgrowth owners through the Freedom Bundle, any idea why the decision was made NOT to give the Steam version of Receiver to some Humble Freedom Bundle purchasers, but not others?

Is there ANY way I can get it free on actual Steam, being that I am already an Overgrowth owner?,
As above, it just seems inconsistent and poorly executed that some Freedom Bundle purchasers' Overgrowth keys gave them Receiver on Steam and some didn't, simply due to the type of Overgrowth CD Key they redeemed (See Humble Bundle's post above). Clearly the Freedom Bundle contained a mix of Overgrowth keys that did and did not provide Receiver, and that I lost that "lottery" and ended up not getting Receiver....Someone really messed up there... Either revoke Receiver from everyone's Freedom Bundle, or give it to everyone... Not a smattering of inconsistency?

I would very much have liked it to be added to my Steam library. Am I SOL here?
merlyn wrote:That promo still exists if you buy the game by itself instead of in the bundle.
Understood. The main point I'm trying to make is, based on the Reddit link I posted above, many people who bought the Freedom Bundle DID get Reciever on Steam automatically, while others (like myself) didn't. Whoever is was at Wolfire who provided the Steam Keys to Humble, screwed up and provided them "promo" keys which also activated Receiver as well, when their original intent was only to activate Overgrowth I suppose. Then, when those keys ran out (while the bundle was Still on), Wolfire then sent humble more Overgrowth keys, this time NOT containing an activation for Receiver as well.

This issue us, people (like me) found out about this, and are upset that some users got an extra free game on Steam, while other's didn't. They should have just either kept issuing combo keys to humble, or requested a revoke for Receiver. Splitting the community causes issues like this one... EIther give everyone who bought Humble Freedom a Steam copy of Receiver, or don't give it to anyone. Don't split it up.. It's bad press..

cjs378

Post by cjs378 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:41 pm

The download links don't work anymore :shock:

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 am

You should be able to find DRM free downloads for this game on your Humble Bundle account page.