[Question/Suggestion]Disguises?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

[Question/Suggestion]Disguises?

Post by Jaz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I just watched another AC3 video and realised that the stealth system could be replicated in Overgrowth.

Remembering that it's possible to change player while playing any stage in OG, I must ask, did you have any plans to implement any disguise stealth systems or would you consider it?
By that I mean, are you planning any system in which the player may disguise him/herself as a guard or civilian and blend into a town?

last

Re: [Question/Suggestion]Disguises?

Post by last » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I believe we will see some armors/ clothing that you can change during the game and with this ability comes the blending in disguise.

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm sorry :(.

davidtarrant12

Post by davidtarrant12 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:17 am

can some one help, i just got 182 and it won't load red shards which is my favourite map and it stops where it shows the symbol and say's loading shadows... or something like that any help??

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 am

I fail to understand why everybody seem to want Overgrowth to replicate other games, especially AC.

Besides, characters in Overgrowth are animals. They would be pretty much able to smell you.

v1zRaven

Post by v1zRaven » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am

Scent or odor masker maybe???

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:51 pm

v1zRaven wrote:Scent or odor masker maybe???
Now that's ridiculous. There are primary features that need to be polished or added before adding random stuff like that :/

uberchad136

Post by uberchad136 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:11 pm

When i found out how to change my characters parameters i saw my "block skill" was fairly low, only 0.5 i believe. I saw this as part of the reason I was always getting my butt kicked (along with the fact that i'm probably not good at the game) but in the future, is there going to be some sort of level system to upgrade our characters stats? I am not sure but I think I read something about there being an actual story mode in the future. If some of our stats our so low overgrowth will prove to be a challenging game, there is nothing wrong with that, but I would like to know if i need to polish up on different ways to kill my enemies (rather than running in with furious mouse clicking and such.)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I think that value only affects how good the AI is at blocking things, and it won't have any effect on how well a player does. Also, I think it's a percentage, so 0.5 would be 50 % chance of block.

uberchad136

Post by uberchad136 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Endoperez wrote:I think that value only affects how good the AI is at blocking things, and it won't have any effect on how well a player does. Also, I think it's a percentage, so 0.5 would be 50 % chance of block.
Im not sure i seem to play better and be more succesful at blocking when i boost the number, just as when i boost my speed up to ten im a rocket. But either way i dont know if im right or wrong but it would be cool to know about that for sure.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm

uberchad136 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:I think that value only affects how good the AI is at blocking things, and it won't have any effect on how well a player does. Also, I think it's a percentage, so 0.5 would be 50 % chance of block.
Im not sure i seem to play better and be more succesful at blocking when i boost the number, just as when i boost my speed up to ten im a rocket. But either way i dont know if im right or wrong but it would be cool to know about that for sure.

For sure the blocking value is only applied to NPCs and not to the player character. This game is based on skills, not on stats (and that one would be random anyway... really weird...) so you just need to learn how to block more efficiently. Blocking in this game is timed, so you can't just hold down block, you have to tap RMB when the enemy attacks. I have found that to be right around the time that it squeaks at you, so that is what I use as a tell.

uberchad136

Post by uberchad136 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 am

Anton wrote:
uberchad136 wrote:

For sure the blocking value is only applied to NPCs and not to the player character. This game is based on skills, not on stats (and that one would be random anyway... really weird...) so you just need to learn how to block more efficiently. Blocking in this game is timed, so you can't just hold down block, you have to tap RMB when the enemy attacks. I have found that to be right around the time that it squeaks at you, so that is what I use as a tell.
That makes more since then, i guess i just got more confident when i raised the number. Also do you recall ever reading anything about any actual sort of story mode for the game? i know in the last build video he talked about adding levels and goals and such but i wasn't sure if that was just for the individual levels that we already play on.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am

There isn't much information about that. However, there will be some sort of a story.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/01/overgro ... -concepts/

" I am working hard so that the visuals of each level tell you what is going on there. Some parts of the story are still best told in cut-scenes or with dialog, or even with ambient audio. When designing a level I can plan that out too."

Here they're wondering how much they want to tell about the story before it's finished. This explains why they don't want to talk too much about it before they have something to show.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/10/open-de ... the-story/

"The first time you encounter a good story is usually the best time, and until someone builds a machine that can cause strategic lacunar amnesia, we will only experience stories for the first time once. While treating the story like every other part of our development would still be interesting, it could also spoil the magic of the player's first run-through of the finished game."

uberchad136

Post by uberchad136 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

Endoperez wrote:There isn't much information about that. However, there will be some sort of a story.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/01/overgro ... -concepts/

" I am working hard so that the visuals of each level tell you what is going on there. Some parts of the story are still best told in cut-scenes or with dialog, or even with ambient audio. When designing a level I can plan that out too."

Here they're wondering how much they want to tell about the story before it's finished. This explains why they don't want to talk too much about it before they have something to show.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/10/open-de ... the-story/

"The first time you encounter a good story is usually the best time, and until someone builds a machine that can cause strategic lacunar amnesia, we will only experience stories for the first time once. While treating the story like every other part of our development would still be interesting, it could also spoil the magic of the player's first run-through of the finished game."
Thank you. Im not wanting to know anything about the story yet, i agree with them i want my first time to be completly oblivious to whats going on so it will be the best experience. i was just curious if there was gona be a story. I was sure i saw somthing about it.