Are there different modes?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Bouncer

Are there different modes?

Post by Bouncer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:14 am

I thought that overgrowth only had a sandbox mode, but I've come across videos with challeges and a side fighting tekken style fighting - is this a mod or is it already in the game?
Sorry if this a blatently obvious but I can't find it.

Cheers.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Are there different modes?

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:56 pm

This is not a mod, but you do have to know what you're looking for. If you load two player characters into the same map, have a controller configured, and turn off split screen, it will change into this mode. Some of those levels are turned on by default if you load in the Menu Mod using SUMLauncher, which is also a convenient way to turn off split screen.

Bouncer

Post by Bouncer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Oh I get it, I downloaded the menu mod and all the arena modes are there now - I don't get why they don't fight back though in the arena (eg. super bunnies, grass arena), I've turned off split screen and there isn't a controller plugged in. Anyway thanks for a help.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Bouncer wrote:Oh I get it, I downloaded the menu mod and all the arena modes are there now - I don't get why they don't fight back though in the arena (eg. super bunnies, grass arena), I've turned off split screen and there isn't a controller plugged in. Anyway thanks for a help.
They are set to be player characters, and not NPCs, so, this will only work 2 player. You need a controller and a second player to make it work. Someone had made a mod that would control them, but I don't know if it is still working...

concor25

Post by concor25 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 am

i was just wondering about a few things
when u mean controller do u mean two sets of mouses and keyboards
if so how do u configure one set to one person and the other to the other person

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am

A controller as in an XBox or PS3 controller (or one made specifically for use with a computer) that is plugged into your computer or connected through Bluetooth.