Unofficial Overgrowth a188, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial Overgrowth a188, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 am

The unofficial, Overgrowth a188 leaked build is here! Note, you can also download it on your Humble Store page now!

(watch in hd)

Changelog:
- Bag drop sounds
- Hotspots can detect item enter/exit
- Collection objective
- Collection hotspots
- Added 'collectable' item type

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!

If you find any bugs, please email a full description along with your system specs to [email protected].

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps.

To download the alpha, use one of these links:

Win: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = e01c8f92ea234cbcc0f4d5915779aa00

Mac: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 6ade12f3d451b05ca90660e9dcd63d64

Linux: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 69124d1cf102c8d7a4ccab7910faf259

Just want the changes from the last alpha to a188? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/overgrowth-a188.zip

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Aaron

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a188, weekly build

Post by Aaron » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 am

For new users
  • If you have not installed Overgrowth yet you can use the SUMLauncher to do so!
  • If you already have Overgrowth installed you can use the SUMLauncher to update it to the latest alpha.
  • The SUMLauncher also allows you to install the Menu Mod which gives you another 120+ maps to try.
For Existing SUMLauncher users
  • If the menu files were changed in this alpha, the menu mod will no longer work. Updating the Menu Mod (to re-enable custom maps) might take us a little while. Once we have uploaded a new version you can use the menu mod installer to update it. (And don't worry, it won't break anything if you try running the installer before we upload the new files.)
  • It may also take us a bit to update the Menu Mod to include any new maps that this alpha may have added.
For future updates keep an eye on our twitter @SUMOGUtilities!

Javafant

Post by Javafant » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 am

Still get a segmentation fault, when trying to load a level. I'm using archlinux 64bit.

Cheeseness

Post by Cheeseness » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 am

Javafant wrote:Still get a segmentation fault, when trying to load a level. I'm using archlinux 64bit.
It seems that I'm getting segfaults again when launching levels too.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:35 am

Woah, nice! :D

funymunky

Post by funymunky » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:01 am

Nice one! I look forward to the more interesting custom maps/missions that will be created from now on.

jose1711

Post by jose1711 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 am

Cheeseness wrote:
Javafant wrote:Still get a segmentation fault, when trying to load a level. I'm using archlinux 64bit.
somehow it looks like quality of linux builds lost all the relevance (?). i know pre-alpha, but still..

feuri

Post by feuri » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 am

Cheeseness wrote:
Same for me, but sometimes I just get an error about multithreading and xcb.

Code: Select all

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeueing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
overgrowth.bin.x86_64: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

last

Post by last » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Don't know if this will help you Linux guys but you may wan't to check your config.txt that there is background_process_pool: set to false

olza

Post by olza » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Yup, it's set to false by default I think, and it still doesn't work. Any linux users with it actually working?

snickersnee

Post by snickersnee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 pm

olza wrote:Yup, it's set to false by default I think, and it still doesn't work. Any linux users with it actually working?
No, for me it doesn't work either, unfortunately. I've only just preordered yesterday and am eagerly looking forward playing the alpha build..

I've send in a bug report yesterday, together with a gdb backtrace. Is there maybe anything else we (the affected Linux users) could contribute to help fix these crashes?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have only tried a187 so far - I will update later but judging from the other posts it looks like this problem is still present in the new build

Faw

Post by Faw » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

This one also segfaults on me... also running a 64bit linux. I opened a case/bug report last week as well, but I don't really know what the procedure is to get them to notice...

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Ran from terminal, same problem as last week here too, Ubuntu 12.04, dual core 32bit.

Goatsee

Post by Goatsee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 am

Hi guys! I dont really know if this is the right place to post but another post in the forum said to post issues on the latest patch, so here we go...

I purchased Overgrowth yesterday and i have some issues with the game. I've got some screenshots to show you what i mean:

http://imgur.com/a/xHxbf
This album shows most of the problems

Picture 1: Shows my distorted cursor, it looks like that in the editor too.

Picture 2 and 3: Shows the low quality logo and ingame models.

Picture 4: It's unreadable but basicly it shows that all the graphic options says "meep 2", but its changeable to other "meep". Not sure if that is supposed to be like that or just another bug.

Picture 5: Shows some kind of error in the graphic card, im pretty sure this is the cause of all my problems.

So excuse my bad english and all, but i really need help and it would be awesome if someone could tell me the problem or maybe even fix it.

EDIT: I'm running the game on an acer aspire 7750G laptop with the graphic card AMD radeon HD 6650M 2GB with a Intel core i7-2670QM processor.

Nervesplitter

Post by Nervesplitter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

You forgot to centre the cursor when you click the buttons at the end of a challenge level, now whenever I try to attack after clicking the button to start the game it can restart the level or quit to the menu/