I screwed up...really bad...[update]

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Deadlyfluffball

I screwed up...really bad...[update]

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 pm

So I was setting up all the rabbits with a bunch of armor, saved and pressed l. The game crashed, tried loading the map again, crashed before I even got in.

Is there a way I can delete the save file that screwed me over?

[Update] Okay so the wooden plates are okay and do nothing, but when I put medium bags on the characters chest and reload the map it crashes. Unfortunately I had to sacrificed another map to gain this information.
Last edited by Deadlyfluffball on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thefuzzyman

Re: I screwed up...really bad...

Post by Thefuzzyman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Levels in overgrowth are comprised of an xml document that tells the engine what goes into the specific map. You should be able to fix the problem by finding and opening the xml document (which will be somewhere in your "Overgrowth\Data\levels" directory) and then deleting the objects that are causing the problem.

For more details, refer to part two of this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14869

It might take a little bit of finagling, but you should be able to fix the problem by editing the level's xml document in this manner.

Thefuzzyman

Post by Thefuzzyman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm

That is all assuming, of course, that the problem does lie in the objects (the armored rabbits or otherwise) that are placed in the map and that it is not some obscure problem that stems from alpha shenanigans.

I have seen an error, before, that occurs when you move a solid world object through an NPC, that will cause the game to crash. I have never been able to save during such an event, so I would not know if it would cause the game to crash on reloading. You might want to look for something like that, though. Maybe an NPC spawn accidentally got moved into another object and the NPC got ported back into the object after you reset the map?

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 pm

I could do with just deleting the saves so the map is back to normal.

So I removed the Red Desert.xml, where can I get a fresh one? Just incase I just moved it to a different folder, but anyway do I just use the SUM launcher or what?

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Deadlyfluffball wrote:I could do with just deleting the saves so the map is back to normal.

So I removed the Red Desert.xml, where can I get a fresh one? Just incase I just moved it to a different folder, but anyway do I just use the SUM launcher or what?
Here is a thread I made that has most of the default level.xml's: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15174&p=162917&hil ... ls#p162917

David
Project Leader

Re: I screwed up...really bad...[update]

Post by David » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 am

Earlier today I noticed that a couple of the attachable items are missing convex hull files, which might cause that problem: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/hullfix.zip

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

David wrote:Earlier today I noticed that a couple of the attachable items are missing convex hull files, which might cause that problem: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/hullfix.zip

Thanks! It fixed the problem! Now I can have awesome rabbit samurais!

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm using the Mac version. How can I get the downloaded files into where they need to be? I can't seem to be able to get to the data file no matter what, where or how I explore my computer data.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Nevermind. I figured it out.