Let me get this straight...

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Who

Let me get this straight...

Post by Who » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:07 pm

There will never be multiplayer for this game?

It will be awesome anyway, but I was really looking forward to fighting tournaments in the arena.

toXicus

Re: Let me get this straight...

Post by toXicus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, the games in heavy development. New stuffs getting added pretty much constantly. We already sorta-kinda have local multiplayer, but as for what I think you're asking (several players on a single server in a more sandboxy way than the one-on-one fight), not yet.
HOWEVER, even if the game gets released, its finished, shipped out, whatever, the modding community's strong enough they'll probably make multiplayer anyway.
Long story short, dont use definite terms. We don't know much about what the game's gonna look like by the time Wolfire's done working their magic.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 am

The early prototype (Lugaru 2) had Multiplayer. You can still find a dialogue box for creating a server in the game files.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

My gosh, that title was badly.

Have you not been watching David's videos?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 am

Timbles wrote:The early prototype (Lugaru 2) had Multiplayer. You can still find a dialogue box for creating a server in the game files.
That's actually Overgrowth stuff, not Lugaru 2 stuff. It was a user interface test, and there never was a working server mechanic in Overgrowth, but it uses the same tech as the rest of OG menus.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:31 am

Who wrote:There will never be multiplayer for this game?

It will be awesome anyway, but I was really looking forward to fighting tournaments in the arena.
I don't think anyone said there will not be multiplayer, the Head Developer said something about co-op quite a lot.

Who

Post by Who » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Sorry, english is not my native language, so I tend to missunderstand things and jump to conclutions.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 am

Who wrote:Sorry, english is not my native language, so I tend to missunderstand things and jump to conclutions.
That's fine, welcome to the forums!

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 am

Who wrote:Sorry, english is not my native language, so I tend to missunderstand things and jump to conclutions.
As a damn lazy monolingual, I have all and complete respect for a person who dedicates themselves to learn a foreign language.

If only my German teacher had actually taught me German, then I would at least know... German.

But I live in Australia, and in Australia we have the lowest rates of multilingualism in a first world country. I'm not kidding. And part of that is reflected in our LOTE (languages other than English) education. It's shocking and appalling.

Gosh, I'm dragging this post on for an unnecessarily long time. And adding a paragraph in which I complain that my own post is too long is certainly not helping. And I shouldn't be writing this paragraph anyway, because I've already made far too many 'self-awareness' jokes on this site and the people who are reading my posts are probably sick of them by now.

GameSoundGuy

Post by GameSoundGuy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:41 pm

I agree that even if the developers (as awesome as they are) don't put in some form of online co-op or pvp, I'm certain modders will get to it if there's a high enough demand.And I certainly am in favor of co-op.

One of the things I love most about this game is that sense of exploration. Sure, the levels don't go on forever, but it's still that nostalgic exploration that I would get as a kid from games like Spyro, Mario 64, even Shadow of the Colossus.
Having that experience shared with a friend is absolutely priceless. LETS GO 'SPLORIN'!

GurpreetSingh

Post by GurpreetSingh » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:08 am

Coincidence wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 am
As a damn lazy monolingual, I have all and complete respect for a person who dedicates themselves to learn a foreign language.

If only my German teacher had actually taught me German, then I would at least know... German.

But I live in Australia, and in Australia we have the lowest rates of multilingualism in a first world country. I'm not kidding. And part of that is reflected in our LOTE (languages other than English) education. It's shocking and appalling.

Gosh, I'm dragging this post on for an unnecessarily long time. And adding a paragraph in which I complain that my own post is too long is certainly not helping. And I shouldn't be writing this paragraph anyway, because I've already made far too many 'self-awareness' jokes on this site and the people who are reading my posts are probably sick of them by now.

It was fun to read your post, it was full of useful information, thanks for sharing this great content with me, keep sharing. Thanks for sharing this awesome content with my vision, keep sharing. I found some useful information in your post, I enjoyed reading it.

Improve your German speaking skills in as little as two weeks by joining our German language classes! Students are taught advanced techniques so that they can speak German fluently

German Language Classes in Pune

German Language Course in Pune

Masgaliver

Post by Masgaliver » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:00 pm

geometry dash subzeroThat's from the Overgrowth expansion, not the Lugaru 2 expansion. Overgrowth's server mechanism was never implemented, although this menu employs the same technology as the rest of the OG interfaces.