Unofficial Overgrowth a192, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial Overgrowth a192, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:35 am

The unofficial, Overgrowth a192 leaked build is here! Note, you can also download it on your Humble Store page now!

(watch in hd)

Changelog:
- Double-tap tab to freeze time
- Hold space to move camera slowly
- Parameters have different editor controls
- Script definitions for parameter editor types
- Added level parameters to editor ribbon
- Added multi-select widget (e.g. for objectives and achievements)
- Fixed missing convex hulls for attachment items
- Added warning dialog box when convex hulls are missing
- Enemies are more wary if target is standing still and holding attack

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!

If you find any bugs, please email a full description along with your system specs to [email protected].

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps.

To download the alpha, use one of these links:

Win: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 8417053f1a791e97da94941f8ad3875a

Mac: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 6ce2fed61ada592329a13161c1dacbf4

Linux: Download
BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 094227fa93237bcac4ea0554258a043a

Just want the changes from the last alpha to a192? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/overgrowth-a192.zip

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a192, weekly build

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:35 am

For new users
  • If you have not installed Overgrowth yet you can use the SUMLauncher to do so!
  • If you already have Overgrowth installed you can use the SUMLauncher to update it to the latest alpha.
  • The SUMLauncher also allows you to install the Menu Mod which gives you another 150+ maps to try.
For Existing SUMLauncher users
  • If the menu files were changed in this alpha, the menu mod will no longer work. Updating the Menu Mod (to re-enable custom maps) might take us a little while. Once we have uploaded a new version you can use the menu mod installer to update it. (And don't worry, it won't break anything if you try running the installer before we upload the new files.)
  • It may also take us a bit to update the Menu Mod to include any new maps that this alpha may have added.
For future updates keep an eye on our twitter @SUMOGUtilities!

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

aww, i was beaten

Paddymcg

Post by Paddymcg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm a little confused as to how to open up the character parameter menu. I can find the one under "home" in the editor, but is there a button or a ctrl+_ command? idk just can someone help me?

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Just press "U" while a character is selected.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Ffffffuuuuq
I switched to Linux. Due to a rather tragic incident in which my USB drive with all of my important data on it got broken and will remain so until I repair it's broken contacts, I do not have my alpha key info. It was done through my mother's email and I don't have access to it to resend the alpha key.
Is there a method by which I can have all of the alpha key data that is linked to this account resent to my new e-mail address?
Until then, I shall enjoy the beaty of Linux :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Korban3 wrote:Ffffffuuuuq
I switched to Linux. Due to a rather tragic incident in which my USB drive with all of my important data on it got broken and will remain so until I repair it's broken contacts, I do not have my alpha key info. It was done through my mother's email and I don't have access to it to resend the alpha key.
Is there a method by which I can have all of the alpha key data that is linked to this account resent to my new e-mail address?
Just log in to your humble bundle account, and get it from there...

arenter

Post by arenter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 am

IT'S FINALLY HERE

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 am

Anton wrote:
Korban3 wrote:Ffffffuuuuq
Just log in to your humble bundle account, and get it from there...
Humbe Bundle account. I have one of those?

DECLAN FARRELL

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 am

okay so i updated my alpha to this one using Sumlauncher but i still cant find the armour plates and scabbards and i real dont want to get the menu mod cos it makes my game lag LOADS and i can freeze time but can not hold make time move slowly by holding space please me why this is happening

Caiser4

Post by Caiser4 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 pm

DECLAN FARRELL wrote:okay so i updated my alpha to this one using Sumlauncher but i still cant find the armour plates and scabbards and i real dont want to get the menu mod cos it makes my game lag LOADS and i can freeze time but can not hold make time move slowly by holding space please me why this is happening
You can load the armour plates and scabbards without the menu mod by clicking the "load external object" button (with the folder icon) in the "load item" menu. The armour plates for example are located in \Data\Items\gear\rabbit_gear

Also, space doesn't slow time, but slows camera movement in editor mode.

Javafant

Post by Javafant » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:08 am

Still crashing for me on archlinux 64bit, when I try to load a level. Same crashlog as I had with the last alphas.

DECLAN FARRELL

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:23 pm

how the hell do you do film overgrowth without it lagging?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Get a better GPU and/or CPU. Video recording software uses a lot of your power up.
On the flip side, record everything in slowmotion and then speed the footage up by 8 times, I believe it is. The game can achieve a higher FPS in slo-mo, so you can record better.

Faw

Post by Faw » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Javafant wrote:Still crashing for me on archlinux 64bit, when I try to load a level. Same crashlog as I had with the last alphas.
Same here. Wonder how much they follow the bug reports/if there's a danger of them "forgetting" about this if we don't keep pestering them about it :P